Morning Buzz! J.K. Rowling Gives Zero Cares As She Blasts Trump Over Paris Climate Agreement + More
1. It should come as no surprise that many are reacting with disappointment and worry to President Trump’s decision to pull the US out of the Paris Climate Accord. And it should also come as no surprise that JK Rowling, who never shies away from speaking her mind or engaging in political issues on Twitter, was dishing straight fire as she tweeted the cover of German tabloid Berliner Kurier. The cover says “Earth to Trump: F**k you!” To which Rowling said, “Very much enjoying the German press at the moment.”
Rihanna bows to LeBron then hits a dab and small waves a Warriors fan telling her to sit down.
— Adam Silverous (@World_Wide_Wob) June 2, 2017
2. Rihanna totally stole the show sitting courtside at the first NBA finals game last night. First of all, let’s just say that the only bucket list that should exist in life now is to go to a Cavs/Warriors game with Rihanna. Early in the game, ESPN announcer Jeff Van Gundy proved NO one is immune to the coolness of Rihanna when he freaked out, saying, “Rihanna just walked in front of me. Are you kidding me?” She also made her allegiance very clear when she BOWED to LeBron James and chirped a Golden State Warriors fan (seen above). AND she heckled Kevin Durant during some of his free throws, yelling “BRIIIICK.” Other celebs like Jay Z (no Beyonce!) and Kevin Hart were around too, but Rhi’s antics were all anyone (see: us) cared about.
Wait reading online about some chick I'm dating Megan something. Not true never even met her or heard of her before
— ROBERT KARDASHIAN (@robkardashian) June 2, 2017
3. Rob Kardashian claims that not only is he not dating Mehgan James, but he has no idea who she is. Kardashian is attempting to squash the rumors that he and Blac Chyna were off again and that he had moved on to Mehgan James with a pretty iconic tweet. “Reading online about some chick I’m dating,” he wrote. “Not true. Never even met her or heard of her before.” James also retweeted it. LOL.
What would you do if you found out a friend was stealing from you?
— Khloé (@khloekardashian) June 1, 2017
4. And speaking of Kardashian drama, Khloe says one of her friends is STEALING from her. Khloe tweeted asking fans if she should “cut off the friendship and let God handle it? Or would you go the legal route?” with a friend she reportedly found out was stealing from her. She reassured them it WASN’T BFF Malika, though many jumped to that conclusion. Whoever this snake is will very likely be dealt with appropriately (AKA: Dragged on social media). (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
Thank you for being a part of our journey. Sensates forever. pic.twitter.com/SClwiY3rwy
— Sense8 (@sense8) June 1, 2017
5. Netflix has canceled Sense 8 and fans are suuuuper unhappy about it. The Netflix original, whose second season just went up in May, is officially done, even as Cindy Holland, vice president of original content for Netflix, says it was “everything we and the fans dreamed it would be: bold, emotional, stunning, kick ass, and outright unforgettable.” Fans of the show echoed Holland’s praise of the show’s diversity and LGBTQ representation, pointing out that the first day of Pride Month might not have been the best time to pull the plug on the show. The editor of The TV Junkies even said it felt like a slap in the face.
6.Quote of the day: “I look forward to the day when a person is never judged, discriminated or feared for their sexuality.” Selena Gomez pens a beautiful Pride Month love letter as part of Billboard’s Pride Month series.
What does Pride Month mean to you? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)