Morning Buzz! Meghan Markle Will Be Allowed to Attend Pippa Middleton’s Wedding — But There’s a Catch + More
Meghan Markle will attend a royal wedding and Starbucks makes yet another one of our beverage dreams come true in this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more out below in today’s Morning Buzz.
1. Sources seem confident that Meghan Markle will indeed be attending Pippa Middleton’s wedding as Prince Harry’s date on May 20, but the catch is that she’ll only be attending the reception, not the church ceremony. According to People, protocol says that “unmarried and un-engaged” partners of Royal family members don’t typically attend the formal part of the event. So if Harry puts a ring on it before then…? (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
2. UK Prime Minster Theresa May just made a surprise announcement that she wants an election three years early. After repeatedly saying she wouldn’t call for an election before 2020, May made the move for just that this morning, hoping to gain a greater Conservative foothold and therefore more strength and stability when it comes time to negotiate Brexit. (h/t Daily Mail)
3. Carmelo and La La Anthony have separated. After nearly seven years of marriage, the New York Knicks player and TV star ended a supposedly difficult few months by going their separate ways. TMZ says the pair currently have no plans to officially divorce, but that La La has moved out of their home into her own place in NYC. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
4. And speaking of La La, who got her start as an MTV VJ on TRL, the show is coming BACK — with a twist. MTV’s current president Chris McCarthy recently turned VH1 around and is now hoping to do the same for MTV, whose ratings and relevance have been stalling for years. McCarthy will be moving the network away from its dependence on scripted programs and will go back to live programming, including reviving their once flagship show TRL (Total Request Live) as a new daily live show tentatively called MTV Live. The show will feature a mix of music and “other elements,” and will be live from the network’s iconic Times Square studio for three to four hours a day. (h/t Adweek, photo via Scott Gries/Getty)
5. Ho-lee crap: Starbucks’ Unicorn Frap is REAL, and here’s where and when you can get it.Rumors of this unicorn drink have been circulating for a little while now, and today, Starbucks confirmed its existence. The Unicorn Frappuccino blended crème is made with sweet pink powder, blended with mango syrup, and layered with a tangy blue drizzle. The unicorn magic of it is that it starts purple with swirls of blue and is sweet and fruity. But if you stir it, its color changes to pink, and the flavor gets tart. “The more swirl, the more the beverage’s color and flavors transform,” ‘Bucks said in a press release. EEEEE. The annoying part is that it’s only available from Wednesday, April 19, through Sunday, April 23 in the US, Canada, and Mexico, so get to Starbucks early and often. (Image via Starbucks)
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) April 18, 2017
6. Quote of the day: “It’s time that everyone speaks up and really feels very normal about mental health, it’s the same as physical health. Everybody has mental health and we shouldn’t be ashamed of it and just having a conversation with a friend or family member can really make such a difference.” Prince William and Lady Gaga jumped on a Facetime call to talk about the importance of mental health initiatives. Williams’ brother Prince Harry recently revealed his own mental health struggles and treatments following his mother’s death.
Do you find it easy or difficult to talk about mental health struggles? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.