Morning Buzz: Multiple Women Come Forward With Claims That Donald Trump Groped Them + More
The latest controversies in Trump’s campaign lead today’s top news items. Check those and more out below.
1. Trump’s campaign continues its crash course today as three women have come forward alleging that Trump touched them without consent — just days after he emphatically stated in the second debate that, while he might have made inappropriate comments about grabbing women, he has never actually done it. Two of the women spoke to the New York Times about their assaults, which happened while sitting next to him on a flight 30 years ago and outside an elevator at Trump Tower. A third woman came forward to the Palm Beach Post with her story of being groped by Trump at Mar-a-Lago 13 years ago. Trump’s spokesperson denies all these claims. In addition, an old Entertainment Tonight segment was obtained by and aired on CBS that shows Trump joking about dating a little girl “in a few years.” Trump has not yet commented on the tape. (Photo via Darren McCollester/Getty)
— The Nobel Prize (@NobelPrize) October 13, 2016
2. Bob Dylan has won the Nobel prize for literature. In a surprise announcement, Dylan becomes the first songwriter to ever win the prize. He was chosen for “having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition.” Congrats, Bob!
— Ken Bone (@kenbone18) October 12, 2016
3. Ken Bone posted a selfie of the olive suit he ALMOST wore to the debate. Would Mr. Bone have been the surprise debate star he was if he hadn’t split the seam in his intended olive suit and instead worn the now-iconic red sweater? There is no way of knowing. Let this be your secondary Halloween costume option now that the Sexy Ken Bone costumes are all sold out.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by St. Vincent (@st_vincent) on
4. Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent are reportedly dating, and this is 100 percent a couple we can get behind. After Kristen brought Annie Clark — aka musician St. Vincent — to the New York Film Festival screening of her new movie Certain Women, rumors started to fly. A source tells Us that the pair “spent almost every day together after that,” going to a comedy show and grabbing sushi. Kristen then went to St. Vincent’s show in LA. ~Young love!~
View this post on Instagram
#StrangerThings masterminds Matt and Ross Duffer: "Our very first idea was like, could we do a show that feels like you're reading one of those big, fat paperback Stephen King books when we were kids in our bedroom at home."
A post shared by Hollywood Reporter (@hollywoodreporter) on
5. OMG: The Stranger Things creators have confirmed that some of the fan theories circulating online are TRUE. Surely you’ve seen some of the fan theories about the upcoming new season of the summer’s supernatural hit. The Duffer Brothers, in a new interview with the Hollywood Reporter, said that the investigative work done is accurate. “Is it Reddit? Some of those people have figured stuff out based off of the chapter titles,” Matt Duffer said. Of course, they remained tight-lipped about any further details.
Get this straight: We don’t need you to stand up for us, YOU needed to stand up for us for YOU. For YOUR dignity. For YOUR reputation. 7/
— Marybeth (@MBGlenn) October 11, 2016
6. Quote of the day: “Get this straight: We don’t need you to stand up for us, YOU needed to stand up for us for YOU. For YOUR dignity. For YOUR reputation.” Lifelong Republican supporter Marybeth Glenn tweeted an EPIC anti-Trump rant in light of sexual assault claims against the candidate that ended up going viral. Read the whole thing here.
Do you think Trumps campaign will survive ’til the election? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Darren McCollester/Getty)