From our first look at the newest Kardashian to the loss of another musical legend, check out six of this morning’s top news stories below.
1. Yesterday we learned that Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian welcomed their first daughter together, an adorable bundle named Dream Renee Kardashian. Today, we’ve already gotten a SLEW of pics and Snapchats, because it just wouldn’t be these two if we didn’t! (We’re not complaining, BTW.) Rob posted a sweet snap of the newborn grabbing onto his finger, and in the caption thanked Chyna for being so strong, while saying, “I know everyone saying that’s my twin but that’s def your nose Chy lol.” He also posted an emotional side-by-side of that pic with a pic of his dad, the late Robert Kardashian, saying that she was an exact copy and his dad sent them an angel. CRY. Chyna, meanwhile, posted a short video of Dream, and you can hear Rob saying “look at your Kris Jenner haircut” about the baby’s healthy mop of close-cropped dark hair. LOL. And if that wasn’t enough, Chyna already gave Dream her first Snapchat flower crown, because of course. This baby is a Kardashian, all right!
2. And we couldn’t mention the birth of the newest Kardashian without also letting you know that BLAC CHYNA DID THE MANNEQUIN CHALLENGE DURING BIRTH. You’ve got to see it for yourself.
3. Celebs are pouring their hearts out over the death of Leonard Cohen. The legendary Canadian literary giant, singer and tremendous songwriter passed away at the age of 82, as we learned from a post on the artist’s Facebook. The impact the artist had on the creative community was evident in the outpouring of grief and in a collective social media recollection of some of his most memorable lyrics, tweeted out by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Lin-Manuel Miranda and OITNB’s Natasha Lyonne, to name just a very few. In a New Yorker profile just a few short weeks ago, Cohen made headlines when he said he was “ready to die.”
4. Hillary Clinton was spotted out for a hike after the election and a passerby got a photo with her. After delivering her concession speech, Hillary Clinton headed back home to Chappaqua, New York, where she was spotted out on a hike in Westchester County. It was there that she stopped to chat with a supporter who ran into her on the trail. “I’ve been feeling so heartbroken since yesterday’s election and decided what better way to relax than take my girls hiking,” Margot Gerster wrote in a (now seemingly deleted) Facebook post. “So I decided to take them to one of favorite places in Chappaqua. We were the only ones there and it was so beautiful and relaxing. As we were leaving, I heard a bit of rustling coming towards me and as I stepped into the clearing there she was, Hillary Clinton and Bill with their dogs doing exactly the same thing as I was. I got to hug her and talk to her and tell her that one of my proudest moments as a mother was taking Phoebe with me to vote for her. She hugged me and thanked me and we exchanged some sweet pleasantries and then I let them continue their walk. Now, I’m not one for signs but I think I’ll definitely take this one. So proud.” Sniff.
5. Emma Watson has given us another look at the new live action Beauty and the Beast, and it brings back SO many feels! The latest look at the upcoming film is a TOTAL homage to the original movie poster and we couldn’t love it more. “So happy to show all of you the new teaser poster for Beauty and the Beast!” she tweeted. “I hope you like it.” WE LOVE IT, EMMA.
6. Quote of the day: “Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.” A particularly resonant Leonard Cohen lyric as we mourn the man and end a long, long week.
How are you planning on spending your weekend? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via @blacchyna)