Moroccan-Inspired Nails Are Taking Over Instagram Right Now
If your Insta feed is triggering some serious vacation envy, you’re not alone. Ours have been filled with bloggers and friends frolicking their way through Morocco (Chrissy Teigen-style), and we can’t get visions of plunge pools, vibrant market stalls, and gorgeous tiles out of our heads. But if your bank account isn’t quite ready for a full-on trip to the beautiful North African country, then maybe some Moroccan-inspired nail art is the perfect consolation prize. Scroll for vibrant nail designs, and who knows, you may just find a temporary cure for your wanderlust.
1. Boho and Beachy: Channel the coastal scenery of Morocco with these aqua and cobalt blue hues. The etched tile pattern takes the entire look to the next level.
2. Simple Florals: A color palette of white and navy lets the gold nail art stand out, while these delicate floral patterns are subtle yet eye-catching.
3. Lavishly Ornate: These over-the-top nails are not for the faint of heart. Take the easy way out and opt for decals and stamps to master the tile patterns.
4. Petal Motifs: Petal details in multiple patterns like half-flowers or trellis-style tiles bring a whole new dimension to the trend.
5. Summer Fun: Channel summer all year long with hot pink, tangerine, and turquoise. Toss on a few jewels for a standout look.
6. Fall Tones: Make this somewhat-summery trend work for fall by swapping hot pinks and turqs for dusty oranges and muted yellows.
7. One Shade Style: Crushing on this nail art style, but not a fan of multiple colors on your digits? Pick your favorite shade and stencil in some Moroccan-inspired patterns on top in white.
8. Go Glam: This nude-gold-and-white combo is seriously glam. Add in some gemstone-dotted half-moons and you might not be able to stop staring at your hands.
9. Mix It Up: Feeling ambitious? Try a different pattern on each nail. Look up “Moroccan tile work” on Google images and voila, inspo for days.
10. One and Done: On the other hand, if you don’t want to go full speed ahead, opt for an accent nail and apply polish using a nail stencil.
11. White Monochrome: We LOVE this take on the typically colorful trend. It’s incredibly wearable and you won’t get tired of it after a couple of days. Start with a thin layer of glossy white polish and let dry. Then draw your patterns over it with a more opaque white hue.
12. Bejeweled: Incorporating gemstones into your designs will work for all nail shapes from oval to square.
13. Tile Work: If you want a more literal take on the Moroccan trend, reach for a nail sticker that features an ornate tile pattern. Peel, trim, and stick — boom! Nail art in under five minutes.
14. Delicate Details: We’re digging the attention to detail on this unique version of the Moroccan tile trend. The color palette and the symmetrical shapes are so Insta-worthy.
15. A Little Bit of Everything: Solid colors, jewel accents, and detailed patterns — this option has it all, and yet it doesn’t feel over-the-top at all. In fact, we’re all *heart eyes* for it.
16. Bare It All: Raised white strokes over a bare nail is the unexpected nail art trend to try right now. A swipe of baby pink on the rest of your digits looks so sweet.
17. Blue and White: There’s just something about this color combo that feels so right. Plus, the polka dot technique adds a ton of detail with minimal effort.
Looking for more nail art? Follow us on Pinterest!