Let’s taco ’bout the best holiday of the year. Yeah, yeah… people LOVE Christmas and Halloween prep is in full swing here at the B+C HQ, but there is one unsung holiday that deserves full recognition – October 4 is National Taco Day, and today is that day. How better to celebrate than with the ultimate roundup of delicioso taco recipes!?
1. Crispy Cauliflower Tacos With Mango Salsa: Let’s quickly debunk a taco myth. Tacos don’t have to be heavy and greasy. Case in point: These colorful cauliflower tacos topped with sweet mango salsa. (via Love & Olive Oil)
2. Butternut Squash, Spinach + Black Bean Tacos: The beauty of tacos is that they can be enjoyed all year round. We HIGHLY recommend this flavor pairing of butternut squash and spinach for your fall Taco Tuesday nights. Enjoy! (via William Sonoma)
4. Huevos Rancheros Tacos: There’s no better way to start your day than breakfast tacos. These tortillas are packed with homemade refried beans, eggs, green chilies, tomatoes, cheese and diced avocados. Good morning, indeed! (via Diethood)
5. 4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken: Sometimes you don’t need all the taco fixins’. Use a crockpot and just four ingredients to whip up these simple + classic chicken tacos. (via Gimme Some Oven)
7. Fish Tacos With Yum Yum Sauce: These fried fish tacos are drizzled with peppery yum yum sauce. It gives the taco a south-of-the-border + Japanese steakhouse flavor fusion that’s out of this world. (via Eclectic Recipes)
8. Cajun Fish Tacos: Prep your white fish with a flavorful cajun rub, and follow up with some homemade avocado cilantro sauce and fresh pico de gallo. Pro-tip: Swap out your sour cream for some yogurt! (via Curious Nut)
9. Cuban Fish Tacos With Citrus Mango Slaw and Chipotle Lime Crema: Have you ever seen more colorful tacos? (via Half-Baked Harvest)
How are you celebrating National Taco Day? Let us know in the comments below.