It’s July, and since the heat and humidity are officially full-time residents in most parts of the country, we’re completely immersed in all-things summer beauty (as in, you’ve found the secret to DIYing beach waves mermaids would be jealous of, whether you live by the ocean or not!). This newest batch of hair, makeup and skincare products celebrate this final full-on summer month with tropical scents, moisture-packed formulas and colors that will transition to fall like that (’cause it’s coming in the blink of an eye). Grab our 10 favorite new beauty products below, including something new from the Olsen Twins, a night-out makeup must-have, a lipstick ‘90s babes will flip for and much more!
1. Smith & Cult Lip Lacquer ($22): Smith & Cult are really great at making us feel like princesses, first with their debut range of rich nail lacquers and now with its collection of eight girly lip glosses. This one’s called “The Shining,” and you can expect tiara-levels of shimmer from the other cheekily named lacquers like the rosey-nude “Flesh Riot” and the bright pink “Her Name Bubbles.”
2. Davines SU Milk ($29): Truth: When you’re having fun in the sun, your hair needs the same kind of protection as your skin. Consider this spray treatment your sun-damage bodygard — its anti-UV filters keep your hair hydrated and your color from fading. During not-so-sunny months, use the lightweight formula as a leave-in conditioner.
3. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Sheer Highlighting Blush ($12): We love a cosmetic whose color stays true from compact to skin, especially when that makeup comes in the prettiest mix of peaches and pinks we’ve ever seen. Swipe this botanical blended blush across your cheeks for a healthy wash of color, and round out your look with its equally easy-to-wear powder and bronzer sister blends.
4. Bite Beauty Creme Lipstick + Creme Gloss in Opal ($24 + $22): For me, it was love at first sight with this so-grungy-it-hurts opal formula that leaves a subtle iridescent sheen across your pout. Wear the lipstick on its own to give off serious ’90s vibes or layer on the gloss to give your everyday hue that desk-to-drinks drama.
5. Eyeko Black Magic Lash Boost ($35): Forget having to fuss with falsies ever again. Three words: Brush. On. Extensions. Made of 100% plant-based fibers, this instant booster adds full volume and dramatic length to lashes. Even better, that effect lasts a whole 12 hours — no need for that five-p.m. touch-up.
6. Glossier Coconut Balm Dotcom ($12): Leave it to Glossier to make an everyday essential feel super special. Twist open a tube of this anywhere balm, breathe in and be swept away to a piña colada-packed vacay (yes, there’s a pool boy there too). Enhanced with a dreamy coconut scent, this dense skin salve is the ultimate quick fix for chapped lips and dry cuticles in the summertime.
7. Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette ($54): Smokey-eye fiends, rejoice! The brand that made neutral-hued eye shadow super covetable just dropped a comprehensive 12-color compact specially curated to help you smoke the sh*t out of your lids. From light taupe to sparkly silver and inky black, the collections of matte and shimmer shadows include every hue you’d ever need for the nighttime look.
8. Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Body Oil + Black Body Oil ($60 each): The Olsen Twins jumped on the body oil bandwagon, and of course MK+A’s take on the beauty trend is nothing less than luxe. Composed of the same elegant scents as the perfumes of the same name, this oil is the perfect post-shower pick-me-up whether you’re getting dressed up for a night out or turning in for bed.
9. St. Tropez Tanning Essentials in Shower Tan Lotion ($25): Busy girls are going to love this new self-tanner that’s designed to fit right into the most basic of everyday routines: the shower. Turn off the water for just three minutes to allow the lotion to work its magic on your bod, a perfect opportunity to get your floss on or work in your conditioner, then rinse off to reveal a bronze glow.
10. Formula X Infinite Ombre Nail Design Set ($30): Ombré might have a major resurgence in the nail art world now that it’s *this* easy to paint on the color fade. The five lacquers in this kit are formulated to be mixed while wet, allowing more precision than ever during that typically nail-biting blend, and all with zero tools required.
What is your favorite recent beauty buy? Share with us below or tag us on Instagram @britandco!