It’s almost summertime, and you know what that means? Yes, yummy food and summer sunnies, but it also means that it’s time to fight the frizz. Humidity and our locks are not besties, so it’s nearly impossible to tame the mane during warmer weather. Instead of curling and blowdrying away, why not play up your natural tresses this year? These 15 looks don’t require any heat styling, and you can wear ’em on even the *most* humid day.
1. Braided Mohawk: Chances are, if it’s humid, then it’s pretty hot outside. The last thing you want to do is wear your hair down, so why not switch things up with a braided mohawk? We’re loving this look. (via MakeupWearables)
2. Scarf Updo: The easiest way to fight the humidity is to throw your hair up into a bun and add a scarf to cover up the frizz. Plus, the red scarf that she’s rocking is *way* fun. (via Addicted 2 Etsy)
3. Rolled Updo: If you’re in the mood for something that’s a little more put-together, try a rolled updo. Bonus: It’s quick and easy so you don’t have to worry about waking up extra early in the morning to accomplish this style. (via The Wonder Forest)
4. Twisted Scarf Cover-Up: When in doubt, opt for a colorful scarf. You can take your head-scarf game to the next level with this tutorial, where Misty shows you how to twist it into the perfect shape. (via Brit + Co)
5. Twisted Crown Braid: Pull your hair away from your face by wearing a twisted crown braid. Simply rope braid both sides of your hair to the back of your head and secure with a bobby pin. Too cute! (via Twist Me Pretty)
6. Headband + Bun: Baby hairs can go extra wild on a humid day. Toss your hair into a messy bun and add a headband (or two!) for a look that’s not only totally adorable, but also keeps those baby hairs at bay. (via Refinery29)
9. Braided Headband: Why do we love this ‘do? Because you still get to wear your hair down, but your bangs are pulled back, so there’s no need to worry about them all day. Count us in. (via MakeupWearables)
11. Flower Braid + Low Pony: The flower braid: It sounds super complex, but it’s actually really easy to achieve. Pull your hair into a half-pony, braid and roll the hair around the base of the pony. Secure with bobby pins and hairspray and you’re good to go. (via Yet Another Beauty Site)
14. Messy Bun: Let your baby hairs fly free and toss the rest of your hair into a messy bun on top of your head. Then finish it off with a little hairspray for a ‘do that will last all day. (via Cosmopolitan)
What’s your favorite way to wear your hair during the summer? Talk to us in the comments below.