14 Mega Helpful Gift Ideas for the New Parent
Becoming a new parent is a pretty incredible time in one’s life. With all of the excitement, however, comes a need for a lot of new stuff to help take care of the little one. Whether you’re looking for a practical present or something they can enjoy themselves, here are 14 holiday gift ideas any new parent is sure to appreciate.
1. LolliJo Teething Necklace ($40): For the stylish mom with a baby nearing the teething stage, this cute necklace will be a lifesaver. It’s BPA, PVC, lead, phthalate, latex and cadmium free, making them safe for little ones.
2. Personalized Bracelets ($50): Although their baby’s birth date is one that new parents are sure to never forget, these beautiful bracelets with the baby’s initial and birth date are sure to be cherished by a new mom or grandma for years to come.
3. BabyNes ($249): This machine is kind of like a Keurig for baby formula, and offers bottle preparation in less than a minute. The machine is also programmed to set feeding alerts and to track your baby’s nutrition through your smartphone, making feedings easy peasy.
4. Baby Jumpsuit in a Jar ($40): This unisex jumpsuit snaps down the front and along the inseam for easy dressing and changing. Plus, it comes in a cute reusable jar, making it perfect for gifting.
5. Beaba Babycook Baby Food Maker ($120): Fresh, healthy homemade baby food is a breeze with this all-in-one baby food maker. It steams, defrosts, warms and blends food all while preserving its natural vitamins and flavors.
6. 16 Minute Club Breastfeeding Subscription Box ($35 per box): For new moms breastfeeding for the first time, 16 Minute Club offers a variety of gift boxes ranging from prenatal care to transitioning to solids, and includes the informations and resources they’ll need along the way.
7. The Guy’s Guide to Surviving Pregnancy, Childbirth and Fatherhood by Michael R. Crider ($14): Although dad isn’t going through the actual process of pregnancy and childbirth, his life is about to change redically. One father shares his own hilarious account of first-time fatherhood in this must-read book.
8. The Baby Book ($25): New parents can keep track of their little one’s major milestones in this beautifully illustrated book.
9. Hand Drawn Portrait ($94): Do you have a favorite picture of the new family? Have it immortalized as a super cute and quirky illustration.
10. Messy Box Subscription ($20 – $25): This cute subscription is perfect for the mom who loves to scrapbook, as it comes with all you need to craft some pretty adorable memories.
11. A Date Night in for New Parents: Once the baby is born, it is virtually impossible for new parents to get any alone time. Create the perfect night in with this DIY gift basket all new parents will love. (via Handmade Mood)
12. Custom Gold Name Necklace ($46): With room for up to seven characters, this customized gold baby necklace will be cherished by the most stylish new moms.
13. Ecocentric Mom Subscription Box ($25 per month): This subscription box is ideal for new moms, because not only does it include items for baby, but snacks and beauty products for mom too. The box features organic and eco-friendly items. Moms can pick and choose the items to fit her needs.
14. Cotton Hamper: ($30): It’s surprising how much laundry comes from such a tiny human. This cotton hamper will help keep dirty clothes organized, and its cute floral pattern is perfect for a gender-neutral nursery.
What are some new parent essentials you’ll be gifting this year? Let us know in the comments!