Holy bajeezus. BABIES. Prepare yourself for irregularly scheduled barfing (both you and the kid), years of sleep deprivation, and, of course, the immeasurable joys of spawn. They don’t tell you this when you get one, but babies come with a hell of a lot of stuff. We mean loads and loads of stuff. It can be totally overwhelming, so we curated the 35 absolute best things for your baby registry — some for the little nugget and a few provisions for you too.
1. Skip Hop Diaper Satchel ($100): The heavens have opened up and delivered this “Chelsea Downtown Chic” diaper bag that looks like it came straight off the runway. Sure beats a changing table.
2. Margaux & May Muslin Swaddle Blankets ($30): You’re a grown up now. The term “burrito baby” no longer means you ate a big burrito.
3. Dragon Wooden Ceiling Mobile ($24): Stimulate your baby’s growing mind with colorful toys and mobiles. Plus, squeeeee! Tiny dragons!
4. Laundry Monster Baby Burp Cloths ($13): Do the math. One vomit-covered shoulder + another vomit-covered shoulder = two vomit-covered shoulders. Now add sloths.
5. Sophie the Giraffe ($23): Kids love Sophie so much. Yours is going to just eat her up… because she’s a teether toy. And she’s French!
6. Babyletto Scoot Changer Dresser ($350): Bad news. Most baby furniture is not going to jive with your mid-century modern house… except for this stylish dresser/changer! Now you just need… the matching crib.
8. The Honest Company’s Diapers and Wipes Bundle ($80/month): Jessica Alba won’t come wipe your baby’s butt (we checked), but her company will send you all the plant-based diapers and all-natural wipes you need every month. Also, they make dinosaur diapers!
9. GUND Stuffed Boo ($25): The cutest baby in the world will need to be accompanied by the cutest dog in the world, clearly.
10. Motorola Wireless Video Baby Monitor ($100): Spy on your offspring. This contraption has come a long way since the glorified walkie-talkies of the 1980s.
11. Boba Wrap Carrier ($40): Putting on this wrap-tastic carrier takes practice, but it’s oh-so-comfy for mummy and baby.
12. Babamoon Baby Bunny Hat ($26): Nothing will ever be funnier and floppier than this hand-knit hat.
13. Three Sprouts Leopard Toy Chest ($25): Babies take a lot of accessories! You’re going to need this cute chest to manage alllll the things.
14. Britax B-Agile and B-Safe Travel System ($330): This baby’s got places to be, people. With a stroller and a car seat carrier, Britax has designed this travel system for the baby on the go.
15. OliveandBirch Where The Wild Things Are Printable Art ($5): A printable lifesaver for last-minute gift-givers… or for that moment at the hospital when you realize you completely forgot to decorate the baby’s room.
16. FCTRY Mustachifier ($10): The “Ladies Man,” “The Gentlemen,” and “The Cowboy” are all good choices for your child’s first facial hair.
17. Mama Roo 4 Infant Seat ($220): Give your arms a break and let them bounce-bounce-bounce-bounce-bounce… The hanging toys will keep their eyes and imaginations focused while you get some work done.
18. Pillowfort Mounted Stuffed Animal Heads ($20 each): We’re totally in love with the cute unicorn. Is it weird that we want to put these in our room instead of the nursery?
19. Skip Hop Pronto Changing Station ($30): This chevron-print fold-out pouch houses everything you need to handle poo like a pro, making it essential for public bathroom changing stations.
20. Baby Banana Toothbrush and Teether ($8): There’s a reason this teething banana toothbrush is über-popular with new mamas. Trust the banana.
21. Three Sprouts Chicken Hooded Towel ($18): Where is the adult version of this bath towel?? WE NEED IT.
22. Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Mama Bee Nourishing Body Oil ($9): Made with sweet almond and lemon oils and vitamin E, this nourishing moisturizer will soothe dry skin. There’s a whole line of all natural skin care for mamas, babies, and everyone else from Burt’s Bees.
24. Babyganics On-the-Go Hand Sanitizer ($15, pack of three): Because babies are messy, you can never have enough hand sanitizer. This alcohol-, parabens-, and fragrance-free version is the perfect size to carry with you wherever you go.
25. Boon Flair Pedestal Highchair With Pneumatic Lift ($230): Is your baby a time traveler from the future? If so, she’ll feel extra comfortable eating in this highchair/time machine.
26. twittleandtweet Let’s Hug It Out Onesie ($18): Every single screen-printed onesie that Twiddle and Tweet makes is pure gold.
28. Tobbles Neo Toy ($27): We spoke with your unborn child and he said it’s okay if you play with these too.
29. Stokke Scoot Stroller ($699): Enough with wrangling a big, bulky stroller in and out of the door, car, and wherever you and your tot are heading. This stroller has multiple seating positions and folds up into a compact, easy-to-carry- size.
30. The Big Fat Activity Book for Pregnant People by Jordan Reid and Erin Williams ($16): Once you hit the third trimester and it’s exhausting to move around, sit down with this hilarious activity book that will keep you distracted and entertained.
31. The First Years American Red Cross Deluxe Healthcare and Grooming Kit ($20): Just in case you need to suck snot out of your baby’s nose… which you will need to do, by the way, this kit has you covered.
32. Beaba Babycook Pro Food Processor and Steamer ($150): In just 15 minutes, this gadget will turn raw food into baby food. Translation: This company is handing you an extra nap. Accept it.
33. My Breast Friend Deluxe Pillow ($35): Packing for the hospital? Don’t forget this nursing pillow, which boasts a serious cult-following with new moms.
34. Infantino Grow-With-Me Playtime Teepee ($70): This teepee is perfect for tummy time, exploring new toys… and it’s a pretty wonderful place to hide from your in-laws in a pinch.
35. Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams Blue Ribbon Baby Collection ($75): Okay, okay, this one is for you. Cooking a baby in your belly is exhausting, but a hand-crafted pint of Banana French Toast goodness delivered right to your door will help. It even comes with a cute little onesie that you can use as a napkin until the baby arrives.
Did we miss something you and your kiddo can’t live without? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.