Refresh Your Closet With These 5 Next-Level Basics Brands
There’s no better time than the new year to reevaluate your wardrobe. Not just to OMG over the trendiest of the bunch and plot how you’ll wear them again in 2015, but to give some thought to the pieces easily stuck in their colorful shadows: your basics. After all, these tried and true pieces are the anchors of almost every outfit, and after a whole year of restyling, we bet you’re about due for an upgrade. Make this the year you invest a little more into those staples by filling your drawers with tees, knits, trousers and denim from brands that take basics seriously. Read on to discover five major destinations for high-quality basics sure to become your new everyday obsessions.
1. Everlane: This online-only brand offers a highly curated selection of affordable, everyday essentials in modern, minimalist designs. While Everlane has mastered the art of the super soft, live-in top. From slightly slouchy cotton tees to office-ready silk button-ups to luxe-looking knits, its expanding lineup of styles and accessories are just as necessary. Take a look at their patent loafers and Italian leather bags and try to tell us otherwise.
2. American Giant: The peops behind this American-made brand are experts at making you cozy. Sweats and tees are their specialties — remember, this is the same crew who developed the “Greatest Hoodie Ever Made” — all of which are made from high-quality fabrics with great attention to detail and sold at a fair price.
3. Ayr: Combine the forces of J.Crew, Madewell and Calvin Klein into one brand and what do you get? A lineup of expertly tailored, wear-anywhere garments that still earn you major style points. Ayrs collection of made-in-LA denim is a labor of fits-like-a-glove love, but it’s impossible to not also have your eye on its versatile separates, aptly called “The Essentials,” that range from the most perfect white button-up to sleek rumpled blazers.
4. DSTLD: Premium denim without the markup is the name of the game for DSTLD, a no-frills brand that slings reasonably priced (like under $100), eco-friendly luxury jeans. Through a carefully honed, streamlined aesthetic and unique fitting technique, the for-the-people denim company say it hopes that its infatuation with detail inspires the masses to appreciate fewer, better things, like its expertly distressed denim.
5. Madewell: If you’re looking to nail effortlessly chic style, don’t look anywhere but Madewell. It’s coveted and collected thanks to its simplicity and timeless appeal. Madewell endorses thoughtful design and classic style, two points we can’t argue with in the slightest, and with everything from boots and bags to premium denim and flirty cashmere, that sartorial je ne sais quoi is more achievable than ever.
What brands do you shop for next level basics? Show us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.