The One Thing from Nicky Hilton’s Wedding You’ll Want on Your Big Day
If you’re in the process of planning your nuptials, you’re probably looking for a way to add unique and personal touch to your big day. Well, here’s a DIY wedding idea to steal from Nicky Hilton’s fairytale wedding over the weekend. The hotel heiress, sister of Paris and model/designer Nicky Hilton wed James Rothschild Friday at Kensington Palace (home of Will + Kate!). While the web has been abuzz with oos and ahhs over Nicky’s dress, it’s a more creative accessory on her big day that has us swooning — and brainstorming how to DIY it.
The gown was a haute couture design by Valentino that rivals Grace Kelly’s, but it was the custom Louboutins she was sporting that really gets our creative juices flowing.
Nicky posted this sweet shot of her wedding shoes on her Instagram with the caption, “It’s official!” Embroidered on her white satin shoes was “Mrs. Rothschild,” the wedding date and a cute monogram of her and her new husband’s initials.
Talk about a totally unique way to commemorate your big day — and a surprisingly one to DIY too! All you need is a pair of white satin pumps (or any other fabric or color of your choosing) and a custom embroidered appliqué you can iron or sew on before the big day. There are plenty of Etsy shops that can make some beautiful customized monogram patches. Warning: If you choose to iron on your appliqué, just be extremely careful. The last thing you want is burn marks on your wedding shoes.
Here are similar white satin shoe options that might help inspire your bridal footwear as well:
1. Christian Louboutin Corneille Satin Heels ($675): If you can afford the splurge, the Corneille heels by Louboutin might be the closest you can score to Nicky’s wedding shoes. Yes, they are lovely, but we probably wouldn’t recommend ironing anything on that satin. Hand sew only!
2. Joan & David Franceen Shoes ($54): These Joan & David satin pumps are extremely budget friendly but also classically elegant. That crystal detail in front is super pretty too.
3. Menbur ‘Julia’ Peep Toe Pump ($153): The rhinestones on these Menbur heels add just a hint of sparkle without being too in-your-face. Plus, the platform will probably make it easier on your feet so you can dance the whole night away.
4. Nina ‘Fraser’ Satin Pump ($89): These peep toe shoes are perfect for a summer afternoon wedding. The pretty bow makes it the perfect transitional shoe from wedding gown to short cocktail-styled reception dress.
5. J.Crew Elsie Satin Pumps ($255): The timeless design of these J.Crew pumps make it a pair you could wear forever if you want to. After adding in your unique touch to these heels, you might just want to keep them in a display case.
6. Pink Paradox London Lustre Crystal Embellished Pumps ($100): These embellished pumps bring some sparkle to your toes. Adding some custom embroidery to these babies will truly make them a memorable token of your big day.
7. SJP by Sarah Jessica Parker Lady Satin Heels ($350): The sweet pink band that goes down the back of these heels add a pretty touch that really sets these stunners apart. Plus, they’re by SJP, a.k.a. Carrie Bradshaw. Who knows shoes better than her?
8. Stuart Weitzman Platswoon Heels ($170): These Stuart Weitzman pumps are a steal for what the designer’s shoes usually go for. Swoop them up for a pair of hand-me-downs your later generations will love.
9. Adrianna Papell Farrel Evening Pumps ($99): The ruching on the front of this shoe is an extremely elegant detail. It adds just enough interest so that these heels are still special, but certainly won’t detract from your dress.
10. Nine West Finest Platform Evening Pumps ($99): If you like bling, these Nine West platforms are for you. The eye-catching crystal detail will make your feet glitter with ever step.
What do you think of Nicky Hilton’s shoes? Tell us in the comments below!