17 Not-So-Basic Denim Jackets for Warm Weather Nights Out
Ready to make your dreams of denim-on-denim come true? We got you. If you’re on the hunt for a non-basic jean jacket to add to your wardrobes, keep reading for all the ways to keep the coverup fresh. Hint: Cropped lengths paired with high-rise waistlines, and oversized options contrasted with fitted bottoms. Here are 17 denim jackets that are extra in all the best ways.
1. Acne Studios Lamp Silver Denim Jacket ($570): This fashion insider-loved line created the metallic silver garment of your wildest industrial dreams. It also looks adorbs with light denim.
2. Helmut Lang Fringe Denim Jacket ($655): Run — don’t walk — to the nearest retailer to grab Helmut Lang’s fringed-and-fabulous creation.
3. Asos Denim Borg Jacket in Midwash Blue ($87): Keep snug as a bug with a cozy, faux-lambskin collar. Fur trim makes everything more fashionable, as evidenced above.
4. Hudson Jeans Baja East X Hudson Rei Cropped Jacket ($350): Score a fun print like this to spruce up tired OOTDs.
5. L’Agence Celine Jacket ($450): YAS! Still not over the star trend in fashion? We aren’t either. *Adds to cart*
6. Current/Elliott The Celyn ($368): Chill ladies la-la-love wearing this look that gives off DGAF vibes. Thanks to this built-in number, you won’t even need to layer.
7. Iro Canopo Frayed Sequined Denim Jacket ($710): Mix-and-match denim to suit your mercurial moods. This piece reads festival-ready and beach getaway all in one.
8. Cinq A Sept Ismay Jacket ($495): Cropped jackets are just as chic as oversized denim RN, so don’t think twice about this purchase. Peep the raw hem detailing.
9. Free People Sunday Funday Denim Trucker Jacket ($148): Embellishments like these trendy little pearls give this jacket added edge.
10. Ganni Cropped Denim Jacket ($540): Yellow outerwear is having a serious moment, which means you should invest in some lemon-hued denim. This little number made a fashion week debut and is sure to stand-out.
11. Gap Icon Denim Duster Jacket ($98): The trench coat just got a denim makeover, resulting in this duster-length style to keep you warm late into the evening.
12. Hipchik Crystal Snake Jean Denim Jacket ($290): This “business in front, party in back” number channels Gucci glam in the best way.
13. Amo Black Denim Lola Jacket ($335): Acid-washed, black denim should never be overlooked. The cropped sleeves, raw hem, and no-collar design create this surprisingly polished, streamlined look.
14. Re/Done Reconstructed Denim Jacket ($440): Re/Done has perfected the art of making old looks new again. For extra street-cred, go for a repurposed denim jacket made out of vintage Levi’s like the reconstructed style above.
15. Revolve Denim X Alexander Wang Blaze Crop Jacket ($395): There are two words you need to know about this short denim wonder: Best and seller.
16. SYJP Washed Denim Jacket ($528): Destroyed denim is the name of the game if you’re into the grunge revival. Unfinished hems, slashed sleeves, and drizzled paint should do the trick.
17. Zara Denim Cape ($100): Leave it to Zara to turn a risky cape into an everyday denim staple. There are so many ways to style this buy, but an all-black-outfit never fails.
What are your favorite ways to style denim jackets? Show us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.