12 Non-Cheesy Bridal Party ‘Dos Your Bridesmaids Will Love
When it comes to bridal beauty, hair is of utmost importance (and when is it not, really?). Aside from the bride’s wedding hair look, the woman of the hour usually gets the last word on the bridesmaids’ hairstyles as well (ah, the power of the bride). But to be frank, even with her entire squad by her side, the hours spent planning each and every detail can be beyond overwhelming. So, brides, browse these ultra-selective styles and get down to the business of choosing from these non-cheesy, classic-yet-modern hairdos that will have your bridesmaids screaming “I do!”
1. Pretty Simple Pony: Classic brides, we know you love this chic ‘n’ polished pony for your ladies in waiting. You can never go wrong with a classic low pony, worn with waves or au natural. Disguise the hair tie with the bridesmaids’ own hair to send them down the aisle before you in picture-perfect fashion.
2. Dragon Braid: The Bohemian bride can upgrade a simple low pony with this chic AF braid and a wonderfully messy-pretty look. This super cute hairstyle, complete with hair gems, will lend boho vibes to an entire gaggle of besties. (Photo via Danielle Rose Cooke)
3. Formal Side Braid: Le sigh. We were pretty much sold on this gorgeous nuptial side-braid from the very moment we saw it. At the very least, this look is a must for your MOH. (Photo via Style Me Pretty/April Ann Photography)
4. Sleek Knotted Updo: Keep your bridesmaids’ hair securely tucked away in a classy knotted updo. While we’re also a fan of the slightly undone look, we can appreciate the bride who wants to keep her bridal party polished. (Photo via Style Me Pretty/Elisa Bricker)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Hair and Makeup by Steph (@hairandmakeupbysteph) on
5. Short Hair Updo With Brooch: One of your ladies has short hair? No problem. Just take a super classic short-haired updo and give it a dose of romantic bling courtesy of a bejeweled brooch.
6. Braided Updo With Brooch: We saw this bridesmaid-worthy hairstyle and fell deep into #instalove. The gorgeous look is created by loosely braiding a low hair crown at the nape of your neck and then delicately pulling out a few strands for an effortless effect. Trust us — you’ll have the luckiest bridesmaids a girl could ask for if you dress ’em up in this look.
7. Big Messy Low Bun: Truth be told, we’re total suckers for hairdos with a don’t-care vibe. For your bridesmaids with longer, fuller tresses, you can never go wrong with a messy low bun. Plus, you can easily hack this style on short and long-haired girls alike, making it one of the most versatile bridal party hairstyles of the bunch.
8. Braided Updo With Flowers: We’re in love with the way this updo combines the best wedding hair trends: a loosely styled braided crown with a slight bouffant (not to mention the tiny floral details). It’s soft, feminine and pretty, with just a hint of bohemian whimsy. (Photo via Style Me Pretty/Jen Huang)
9. Flower Crown: Get creative with your bridal party’s wedding hair by using fresh flowers or a flower crown. Woodland blooms look romantic no matter how their strands are styled — up, down or anywhere in between. Some brides use a floral headpiece to distinguish her MOH from the other bridesmaids, but you do you. (Photo via Lindy Yewen Photography/The Wedding Playbook)
10. Half-Up Hair With Bouffant: No talk of wedding hair would be complete without mention of a half-up hairstyle. This classic look features an adorable twist in back to keep every strand of hair in place. (Photo via The Small Things Blog)
11. DIY Knotted Bun: This updo may look tricky, but trust us — it’s not. Just follow this easy tutorial for a beautiful alternative to the standard bun. Plus, we’re total suckers for formal hair worn to the side (and before wondering why, just peek at the photo). (Photo via Once Wed)
12. Pixie + Headband: A pixie haircut hardly needs any jazzing up. But if you want to add a little something special to this already adorable style, opt for a sparkly headband for wedding glam perfection. (Photo via This Love of Yours Photography)
Which of these hairstyles gave you bridesmaid hairspiration? Show us on Pinterest!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)