18 Non-Revealing Swimsuits That Won’t Cramp Your Style
Summer has “unofficially” arrived, and beach season is in full swing. Let the hunt for the perfect cutout bikini or wear-everywhere one-piece begin! But not so fast — narrowing in on a swimsuit that doesn’t sport a plunging neckline, cheeky bottoms or a risqué open back is actually a LOT harder than you would imagine. Whether you’re a girl with modest sensibilities or have extra sensitive skin that burns after mere seconds in the sun (the struggle is real!), you should never have to settle for a bathing suit that makes you feel anything less than 110 percent. Thankfully, there’s no shortage of flattering swimsuits to pique your interest this season. Between sporty rash guards, T Swift-inspired high-waisted bikini bottoms and conservative bathing suits that aren’t matronly in the least, we’ve scouted 18 non-revealing swimwear options to add to your summer capsule wardrobe.
1. Aerie Cutout One-Piece Swimsuit ($50): Enter the quintessential halter-turned-strapless style bathing suit, complete with a fun open back, that can be worn two ways. With removable string ties, this rainbow-striped stunner calls to mind carefree summer days spent sipping margs on the beach. Life is hard.
2. Body Glove x UO Reminiscence One-Piece Swimsuit ($110): Solidify your beach babe status with this fluorescent swimsuit that can be spotted a mile away. As if the exposed front zipper wasn’t enough, the sultry black panels are anything but snoozy. Don’t hesitate to pair it with a silk bomber jacket and white tennies for an athleisure look that doubles for day and night.
3. Mandalynn Spaced Out Kate Bikini Top ($95): Yes, those are indeed floating UFOs and palm trees. Just go with it. Embrace a galactic-inspired look with this full-coverage bikini tank top that will never make you sacrifice comfort. You can play it safe by teaming it with lime green boy shorts or take it there with a holographic ruffled bikini bottom and a sporty beach visor.
4. ModCloth Ask for a Rays One-Piece Swimsuit ($70): Can’t get away? Bring the sunshine to you with this summer-tastic swimsuit — featuring beach waves and palm trees, no less! — that’s made for striking a pose on your favorite pool float (#guilty). With the exception of the tasteful scoop back, you’ll never have to worry about showing off too much skin in this super sleek one-piece.
5. LOFT Beach Leafy Bandeau Ring Tankini Top ($55) + Leafy Ring Bikini Bottom ($45): Who needs an itsy-bitsy two-piece when you can sport a palmetto leaf tankini? That’s not even a question. The next time you’re feeling so-so about your everyday triangle bikini, don’t hesitate to try this classic halter style top on for size. It’ll keep your midriff covered and balance out these matching full-coverage bottoms.
6. Out from Under Printed Flat High-Waisted Bikini Bottom ($44): Obsessed would be an understatement. Keep the swimwear conundrums at bay with playful mix-and-match sets that can be styled a million and one ways. Case in point: These retro tropical-inspired bottoms can be teamed with a halter top, a cropped rash guard or a plain ol’ t-shirt. Your move.
7. Solid & Striped The Margot CB ($168): Keep it classy with this black and cream striped rash guard that’s all sorts of chic. You’ll want to keep this French-girl staple on hand for your upcoming getaway to Barcelona, a beachside wedding or running errands around town — just throw on a denim button-front skirt for the most versatile #OOTD yet.
8. Lolli Swim Smile One Piece ($179): Start channeling those island vibes STAT with this OMG-worthy palm tree swimsuit that’s seriously too cute not to show off. Make it luau-ready (and after-hours approved) by tossing on a flower crown and flowy white maxi.
9. J.Crew One-Shoulder One-Piece Swimsuit in Classic Stripe ($118): As far as flattering swimsuits go, this timeless navy striped one-piece from J.Crew pretty much takes the cake. Not only is it a shoo-in for the Fourth of July (and beyond), but the elegant one-shoulder style has got us swooning hard. Proceed to style it with red Birks and an effortless fedora for an I-just-woke-up-like-this look.
10. Kore Swim Selene Surf Maillot Cameo Rashguard ($273): Fake it ‘til you make it with this pastel-hued rash guard that’s sporty AF. Who cares if you’re not really a pro wakeboarder or seasoned surfer? Jump in wearing this suit and no one will be the wiser.
11. Billabong Surf Vibes Tank Rashguard ($40): No surfboard required to rock this close-fitting tank-style rashguard that’s made for catching waves (or just playing frisbee on the beach). Pair it with some tomboy-chic board shorts or high-performance leggings for your next active getaway. Pssst: While you should still slather on the sunscreen, the UPF 50 fabric will help block out harmful rays.
12. Nu Swim Straight One Piece ($112): Minimalist enthusiasts, rejoice! Forget all the bells and whistles — this eye-catching citron one-piece can stand on its own. Not only is it refreshingly simple and understated, but the modest neckline provides just the right amount of coverage. #Winning
13. Seea Santander Surf Suit ($160): Perfect the art of one-and-done dressing with this lazy girl-approved one-piece swimsuit featuring a layered bodice that will take you from a.m. to p.m. Part tie-dyed, part striped, this suit can be teamed with espadrilles and a straw tote for an impromptu picnic on the beach or fireworks on the boardwalk.
14. Kate Spade Colombe d’or Peep Hole Swimdress ($182): There’s something to be said about feeling comfortable in your own skin, all the while flaunting what you’ve got. Thanks to the modest sweetheart neckline, the twirl-worthy skirt and that peekaboo cutout, you’ll never have to worry about toeing the line between conservative and edgy.
15. J.Crew Seamless Underwire One-Piece Swimsuit in Vintage Plaid ($98): In lieu of overly trendy monokinis, keep things on the DL with this streamlined bathing suit that won’t cramp your style one bit. (Play it by ear, but it could also serve as a bodysuit when styled with cuffed “mom” jeans.) And did we mention the vintage plaid print is a tried-and-true classic you can wear for years to come? Oh yeah.
16. Eberjey So Solid Tutu One-Piece ($159): A one-piece with a flouncy ruffle? Sold. Whether you’re taking a dip in the pool or attending a backyard barbecue, this fun and flirty swimsuit isn’t skimpy in the least. Toss it on alongside a pair of white high-waisted shorts and a floppy straw hat for a Hamptons-bound look.
17. Mara Hoffman Geometric-Print Crop Rashguard ($170): Malibu, Hawaii, Bali — the limit does not exist as far as this colorful geometric-print rash guard is concerned. The cropped fit means you can show off your toned abs while still garnering some protection from the sun. When coupled with a pair of drawstring palazzo pants or ankle-length leggings, you’ll be ready for whatever comes your way, be it yoga on the beach or lounging on the veranda.
18. Forever 21 Plus Size Graphic One-Piece ($28): Blend in with the crowd? Not this girl! Get ready to channel a girl boss ‘tude with this sassy royal blue number that’s major swimsuit #goals. Everything from the rad entrance-making criss-cross back to the “You Can Swim With Us” print demands attention, and rightfully so.
What type of swimsuit will you be sporting for the beach? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.