22 Non-Traditional Wedding Shoes for Spring Brides
The countdown until your spring wedding is officially on! If you’re a non-traditional bride, you’re probably rocking a non-traditional ring and have chosen an unconventional gown (or jumpsuit… or wedding shorts). Now, an equally unique pair of steppers is in order. Don’t settle for the first wedding-ready style that catches your eye. Instead, take a moment to peruse all the non-traditional footwear options out there. ‘Cause, let’s face it — there’s nothing more safe (read: snooze-worthy) than yet another pair of ivory satin heels. Scroll down for 22 next-level wedding shoes that will straight-up stun on your big day.
1. J.Crew Collection Sequin Strappy High-Heel Sandals ($398): We can’t decide what we love more, the bluebird hue or those next-level sequin blooms. Pull out all the stops by pairing these knock-out steppers with an organza sweetheart neckline dress that’s fit for a princess.
2. ASOS Soulmate Pointed Heels ($43): When your wedding date falls on Easter weekend, the pastel hues come out to play. These multi-colored pointed heels are not only an unexpected alternative to your everyday white pumps, but they’re also guaranteed to add a little extra somethin’ somethin’ to any tea-length dress.
3. Martiniano Glove Shoe in Light Blue ($410): For your “something blue,” allow these light blue glove shoes to lead the way. The streamlined + minimalist silhouette can be classed up with a floor-length princess gown or dressed down with a sleeveless culotte jumpsuit.
4. Loeffler Randall Callie Platform Oxfords ($395): Slay in these cool girl-approved mirrored oxfords that can do no wrong. Pair with a structured LWD with unexpected cutouts and modern hoop earrings for max perfection.
5. EVA Madrid Birkenstock ($30): A beachside wedding calls for none other than white slip-on Birkenstocks. Considerably more chic than plain ol’ flip-flops, these will fit right in with your all-white-everything aesthetic. Toss them on with an ethereal beach cover-up (that doubles as your wedding dress for the day) and a straw fedora hat for endless beach vibes.
6. Lien.Do Starburst Pumps ($168): Say “I do” to these navy beauties that are a shoo-in for any vintage-themed wedding. Slip on a Gatsby-inspired gown and a pearl headband to complete the look.
7. ASOS Tornado Lace-Up Wedges ($66): Perfect for your wedding in the tropics, and the honeymoon that follows, these lace-up wedges are everything. Style ‘em up with an easy-breezy white eyelet dress and some gold flash tats.
8. BHLDN Ioanna Slides ($150): From day to night, these sparkly, cork-soled slides will lend major bling to your wedding getup. Be it a ruffled bikini or a no-nonsense slip dress, these sandals won’t go unnoticed as you pose for photos with your bridal party.
9. Jeffrey Campbell Belan-Kilt Clear Loafer ($110): Make like Cinderella by walking down the aisle in these crystal clear loafers that will lend major edge to any classic gown or even a tux. They may not exactly be glass slippers per se, but that doesn’t make these pointed-toe beauties any less special.
10. J.Crew Glitter Skinny-Strap Sandals ($268): Let the celebrations commence with these glittery, funfetti steppers that are perfect for your first dance as a Mrs. Whether you’re donning a playful, sequined romper or a fun + frilly cocktail number, there’s no such thing as too much sparkly.
11. ASOS Lila Embellished Pointed Ballet Flats ($43): These sophisticated, flower embellished flats are practically made for dancing at your wedding reception. Pair them with a lightweight cable knit sweater and accordion pleat skirt for the ultimate springtime wedding look.
12. Keds for Kate Spade New York Glitter Sneakers ($80): Yes, you CAN wear sparkly sneaks on your wedding day. When uncomfortable heels aren’t your forte, do less by dressing these guys up with a party-ready tulle skirt and a white tee.
13. ASOS Tall Order Mule Sandals ($55): Minimalist enthusiasts, rejoice! Style these mint mule sandals up with white pants for a carefree wedding look that is anything but traditional.
14. Loeffler Randall Kiki Flat Slide ($350): Heading to the Hamptons for a late spring wedding? These leather tasseled slides would look ah-mazing teamed up with a strapless gown and a streamlined pony tail for a non-fussy (yet super elegant) bridal look.
15. Sophia Webster Parisa Laser-Cut Metallic Leather Sandals ($750): Enter the swoon-inducing pair of wedding day steppers that you will cherish for years to come. The artful, laser-cut details and stunning butterfly wings will make you look (and feel) like a million bucks on your special day, especially when styled with a deep V-neck maxi and a dainty body chain.
16. Fendi Patent-Leather Sandals ($450): Bold color block all the way, baby! For your wedding-turned-spontaneous island getaway, channel warm(er) weather vibes by teaming these sandals up with a sultry one-piece (swimsuit, that is), a pair of your favorite mirrored aviators and some colorful leis.
17. M.Gemi The Giochi ($228): Pull out the full skirts and bridal jumpsuits: These black and white saddle shoes are very much of the moment. Whether you’re channeling a head-to-toe menswear-inspired look or just want to add a hint of masculinity, these classic flats will always do you right.
18. Glamorous Pink Ghillie Heeled Pom Pom Sandals ($52): These ultra-glam, pale pink ghillies — complete with playful pom-poms and a sultry lace-up front — are about to steal the show. Not to mention they’re practically begging to be paired with a high-low hemline.
19. Stripe Espadrille Sandal ($55): Get nautical this Memorial Day weekend by pairing these striped, tie-up espadrilles with a backless sundress and gorgeous hemp jewelry.
20. New Balance for J.Crew 620 Sneakers ($80): Nothing says spontaneous wedding like a signature pair of New Balance kicks (with a hint of gold) that will complement any white midi skirt or free-wheelin’ jumpsuit.
21. Schutz Desert Horizon Tall Gladiator Sandals ($260): For the bohemian bride, these entrance-making gladiators are obligatory. Period. Finish off your free-spirited look with a romantic lace dress and flower crown that will take you from the altar to post-wedding cocktails just like that.
22. Soludos Tulip Lace Smoking Slipper Espadrilles ($75): It’s your wedding day — you can sport lace espadrilles if you want to. For a resort-ready look, style these floral slippers with a relaxed sweater, sequin shorts and simple pearl studs.
Which of these wedding shoe styles will you be incorporating on your wedding day? Follow us on Pinterest for more bridal inspo.