12 Noodle-Free Lasagnas Perfect for a Healthy Weeknight Dinner
As the week begins and you’re deciding what to make for dinner tonight, you start scouring Pinterest and looking for the latest, cheesiest inspiration. Well, look no further! Everyone LOVES lasagna. You know this and we know this, so why are we denying ourselves all of the out-of-the-box lasagna goodness? Maybe you need a non-dairy lasagna, or maybe you’re trying to eat at least a little bit healthy during the week (like learning how to make zoodles, of course!). Well, your low-carb dreams have come true, thanks to these 12 noodle-less lasagna recipes that are easy, healthy and delicious any night of the week. Go ahead and serve yourself seconds. We won’t judge.
1. Zucchini Lasagna Roll: You’ve probably tried zoodles (as in zucchini noodles) by now, haven’t you? This zucchini rolls version of lasagna combines your love of cheese with the convenience of an easy-to-eat, bite-size roll. (via Primavera Kitchen)
2. Paleo Eggplant Lasagna: Eggplant may not be your favorite thing on the menu, but get ready to have your mind changed with this Paleo eggplant version that’s full of meaty and tomato sauce-y goodness. A double batch is highly recommended. (via Big Eats Tiny Kitchen)
3. Vegan Butternut Squash Lasagna With Cashew Cheese & Kale Pesto: Whether you’re vegan or simply love butternut squash, this recipe is a winner. Don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone that this delicious dish is actually good for you. (via Food by Mars)
4. Lasagna Stuffed Peppers: Forget grandma’s old rice-and-beans stuffed peppers and opt for this oh-so fancy version instead. The fact that they’re individually sized shouldn’t stop you from having seconds… right? (via A Saucy Kitchen)
5. Zucchini Crock Pot Lasagna: If you REALLY don’t want to go through all the trouble of making a whole lasagna on your own (who has the time?), then this slow cooker version is calling your name. Break out the crock pot and get ready to wow your dinner guests with minimal effort. (via My Natural Family)
6. Cauliflower Noodle Lasagna: There’s a reason why Atkins and Paleo lovers alike flock to cauliflower as their favorite low-carb substitute. The cauliflower noodles in this delectable dish serve up a lasagna that’s as close to the original as you’ll get — but with some health benefits to be had. (via The Iron You)
7. Lasagna Zucchini Boats: Tell your friends and family you’ll be bringing lasagna zucchini boats to your next picnic and they’ll start planning one ASAP. Even the little ones will go crazy for this veggie-heavy (and cute!) version of a favorite dish. (via Cooking Classy)
8. Low Carb Lasagna Meatballs: Who needs noodles when you have meatballs? Try this one with lamb, veal, chicken or even turkey meatballs — whatever strikes your fancy that night. Bonus points if you mix and match. (via iBreathe I’m Hungry)
9. Paleo (and Vegan) Zucchini Lasagna With Basil Cashew Cheese Sauce: If you REALLY want to please absolutely anyone and everyone at your summer dinner party table, this Paleo and vegan lasagna is exactly what you should serve. There won’t be an empty stomach in the house! (via Healthy Recipe Ecstasy)
10. Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Bake: You might already be a spaghetti squash convert, or you might still be a little shy about this veggie. Whatever the case, this lasagna bake is sure to win you over in no time. Extra cheese not necessary. (via Minimalist Baker)
11. Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats: For single-portion servings of your favorite Italian feast, this dish is it. Spaghetti squash boats make the perfect serving bowl (and extra veggie!) in this easier-than-it-looks recipe. (via Half Baked Harvest)
12. Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna With Spicy Turkey Sauce: Even the little ones will find it easy to fall for this low-carb crowd-pleaser. Nobody will be the wiser when you serve up zucchini noodles with spicy turkey. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
Want more healthy recipes? Follow us on Pinterest for inspiration!