30 Low-Carb Dinner Recipes You Can Make in an Hour (or Less!)
Juggling a lot these day? If there's little time to cook a healthy dinner, we got you. Just set aside an hour max and you can have a balanced meal on the table or for leftover lunches all week. Here are low-carb dinners so good, you just might toss those delivery menus for good.
1. Whole30 In-N-Out Burger: You can indeed transform an In-N-Out Animal-Style burger into a Whole30 masterpiece, down to the low-sugar special sauce and crunchy lettuce wrap. Make the caramelized onions ahead of time to cut down on the total cook time. (via Brit + Co)
2. Spaghetti Squash Pasta: Make three different pasta sauces — basic tomato, arugula pesto, and lemon ricotta — and you'll be excited to eat spaghetti squash all week. (via Brit + Co)
Keto Ricotta Chicken Meatballs
3. Keto Ricotta Chicken Meatballs: Rich dark-meat chicken forms stellar meatballs with almond flour, heavy cream, and parmesan and ricotta cheeses. Serve them with roasted vegetables or your favorite low-carb pasta substitute. (via Brit + Co)
4. Keto Steak Cheese-Shell Tacos: The best part of this recipe (second to the crispy cheddar taco shells, of course) is the leftover taco-seasoned steak, which you can use for salads, wraps, and other lunches. (via Brit + Co)
5. Sheet-Pan Shrimp Fajitas: Garlicky marinated shrimp need just 8 minutes in the oven to form a hearty accompaniment to roasted peppers and onions, riced cauliflower, and any low-carb ingredient under the sun. (via Brit + Co)
6. Blackened Chicken and Avocado Salad: This Pinterest-popular salad gained fame for many reasons, but the tender 20-minute chicken on top might be the most compelling. (recipe via North South Blonde; photo via Brit + Co)
7. Baked Almond-Crusted Cod: Skip typical chicken breast in favor of heart-healthy cod, crusted with almonds and parmesan and served with a lemony yogurt sauce. (via Brit + Co)
8. Crispy Chicken Thighs With Honey-Lemon Pan Sauce: No part of flavorful chicken thighs goes to waste in this single-skillet dish, which makes a pan sauce from leftover chicken juices, butter, garlic, honey, and lemon juice. (via Brit + Co)
9. Paleo Instant-Pot Orange Chicken: You can make this healthy orange chicken faster than you could grab it from Panda Express. The diet-friendly version employs coconut sugar and orange zest to replicate the classic's citrusy sweetness, while arrowroot powder maintains the signature crispy crust. (via Brit + Co)
10. Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus: When you're craving garlic bread, whip up this insanely cheesy side instead. It gives you both a dose of greens and a ton of garlicky flavor. (via Cafe Delites; photo via Brit + Co)
11. Ketotarian Alfredo Zoodles: This creamy zoodle dish, laden with a dairy-free macadamia-nut “alfredo" sauce, proves that a keto-vegetarian diet is both possible and delicious. (via Brit + Co)
12. Pan-Seared Dover Sole With Buttery Caper Sauce: Use this pan-searing technique for your favorite lean fish, such as tilapia or striped bass. When a quick pan sauce of butter, capers, lemon juice, garlic, and fresh herbs is involved, you can't go wrong. (via Brit + Co)
13. Paleo Shepherd's Pie: Don't let the cauliflower-mash topping make you skeptical. This healthier take on a classic pie remains just as comforting with hearty ground beef and tender veggies, flavored with onion, cumin, coriander, and red pepper. (via Brit + Co)
14. Keto Cauliflower Rice Bowl: Make these customizable “rice" bowls when you need to clear your fridge of odds and ends like leftover meat, vegetables, and condiments. (via Brit + Co)
15. Instant-Pot Chicken Cacciatore With Zucchini Noodles: Drift away to the Italian countryside with this vibrant dish of mushrooms, tomatoes, and herbs. (via The Whole30 Slow Cooker; photo via Ghazalle Badiozamani)
16. Keto Ramen Zoodles: Swapping traditional noodles for zucchini noodles allows you to enjoy richly flavored ramen, crispy pork belly, jammy egg, and all, without the bloat. (via Brit + Co)
17. Mini Cloud-Bread Pepperoni Pizzas: Cloud bread, a miracle mixture of baked eggs, cheese, and cream of tartar, satisfies the carby cravings of keto dieters everywhere. We like it best topped with pizza sauce, more cheese, and plenty of pepperoni. (via Brit + Co)
19. Halibut en Papillote With Lemon, Mushrooms, and Toasted Sesame Oil: This healthy fish dish fills your kitchen with the aromas of ginger and toasted sesame oil — and it even makes halibut taste glamorous. (via The Clean Plate: Eat, Reset, Heal; photo via Ditte Isager)
20. Cheesy Bacon Brussels Sprouts: When you need a bowl of mac and cheese, this bacon-y Brussels sprouts in a thick cheese sauce will curb cravings. (via Brit + Co)
21. Instant-Pot Chinese Sesame Chicken: Eat this versatile chicken with a side of veggies for dinner, and simply reheat the next day for a salad or lettuce wrap. (via The Whole30 Slow Cooker; photo via Ghazalle Badiozamani)
22. Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins: Easy egg breakfast for dinner? We say, yass please. (via Brit + Co)
23. Keto Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs: It's amazing how far a little almond meal and zucchini can go in place of bread and… well, more bread. This recipe is quick, low-carb, and oh-so-filling for the weeknight dinner win.
24. Smashed Brussels Sprouts: Get your share of delicious veggies smothered mozzarella and parmesan and achieve ketosis without the lingering hunger. (via Brit + Co)
25. Lemon Miso Spring Green Soup: For a very healthy reset opt for a veggie-packed soup. This spring medley is as delicious as it is nutritious, quick, and low in carbs. (via Brit + Co)
26. Keto Cheese Ball: Eating for one? This recipe is the perfect answer to a light dinner that's as good (or better) as a baked potato. (via Brit + Co)
27. Brown-Butter Salmon with Capers and Tomatoes: Simple, clean, and SO tasty! Opt for quick sautéed wild salmon with just a few basic ingredients and enjoy BIG time flavor. (via Brit + Co)
28. Bang Bang Cauliflower: Who needs potatoes when cauli will do the trick instead! This straightforward dish works great for dinner or as a side dish — you choose. (via Brit + Co)
29. Whole30 Instant Pot "Baked" Potato Soup Recipe: Creamy comfort soup at it's finest, this Whole30-approved recipe is actually made with cashews and nutritional yeast instead of dairy! That's a double diet win! (via Brit + Co)
30. Winter Greens & Citrus Salad: A crunchy salad is an ideal dinner when you just need a light meal. This colorful recipe features a tahini-ginger dressing that's totally bomb dot com. (via Brit + Co)
Find more amazing recipes check out Brit + Co's Food page.
This article has been updated from a previous post published in June 2019.
- Low-Carb Chicken Dinner Recipes That Will Sate Your Hunger - Brit ... ›
- Cauliflower Power: Low Carb Mini Quiche Cups - Brit + Co ›
- Let's Celebrate! 16 Low-Carb Cakes to Bake Now - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Decadent Dessert Recipes You'd Never Guess Were Low-Carb ... ›
- 18 Low-Carb Recipes to Grill Up This Summer - Brit + Co ›
- 10 Low-Carb Sandwiches to Pack for Lunch This Week - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Satisfying Low-Carb Lunch Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Low-Carb Snacks to Beat the Afternoon Slump - Brit + Co ›
- 16 Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Stuffed Zucchini Boat Recipes - Brit + ... ›
- Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes That Anyone Can Make - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Keto Dinner Recipes That Will Make Your Life *Way* Easier - Brit + Co ›
- 35 Budget-Friendly Meal Ideas - Brit + Co ›
- 30 Clean-Eating Recipes You Can Make in 30 Mins or Less - Brit + Co ›
- 30 Clean-Eating Recipes You Can Make in 30 Mins or Less - Brit + Co ›
- 14 *Garlicky* Good Dinner Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Easy Diabetic-Friendly Recipes to Try This Summer - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)