12 Non-Dairy Lasagna Recipes That Taste Spectacular
Lasagna is pretty much the best meal ever, because it combines pasta, cheese and sauce into one bite. We’re so crazy for this one Italian dish that we’ve made it noodleless (say what!), in muffin tins (tiny lasagnas) and Nutella-style with cannoli custard and chopped chocolate (damn). But for any lactose-intolerants or vegans out there who are dying to eat this comfort food favorite, we’ve got you. We scoured the Internet for the best non-dairy lasagnas out there and rounded up 12 of our favorites. We can’t wait to make these bad boys.
1. Lasagna Grilled Cheese: In case you didn’t want to make a whole pan of lasagna, this sandwich encapsulates all the delicious flavors of the original with an alfredo sauce made with cauliflower and a non-dairy pepita Parmesan. (via Vegan Richa)
2. Rustic Bread Lasagna: Why, hello, slices of sourdough instead of lasagna noodles, where have you been all of our lives? Layered between delicious sourdough are eggplant, tomatoes and two pounds of garlic-sautéed spinach. We’ll wait until you’ve recovered. (via Cheeky Kitchen)
3. Vegan Lasagna Bites: We like these little bites that come together with some wonton skins, vegan ricotta, spinach and tasty pasta sauce. Serve these with some marinara to dip and dinner’s done. (via Quiche-A-Week)
4. Macaroni Lasagna With White Bean Cheese Sauce: It’s the perfect marriage between mac ‘n’ cheese and lasagna. You’d never know that the secret to the cheese in this dish comes from white beans. Sneaky. (via Vegan Yack Attack)
5. Vegan Lasagna: The creator of this recipe makes the dish for her friends when they have a newborn babe, and it’s no wonder. With a lemon basil cashew cheese sauce and tons of veggies, this is one treat we’ll be making for our lady friends whether they have babies or not. (via 86 Lemons)
6. Double Cheese Lasagna: Stuffed inside this guy are a herbed macadamia ricotta and a rich cashew cheese sauce, so it tastes just as decadent as any two-cheese lasagna. Double the recipe and make two lasagnas — one for dinner and the other to freeze. Because you can never have enough lasagnas. (via VegNews)
8. Vegan Lasagna Soup: Here’s a delicious take on tomato soup with lasagna fixing favorites (spinach, pasta and some veggie sausage). This is a good one for when you don’t have time to make an actual lasagna. (via Opera Singer in the Kitchen)
9. Eggplant Lasagna Roll Ups: These 10-ingredient lasagna rolls ups take an hour to make and are great leftovers for lunch the next day. We love the roasted flavor that the eggplant slices add to this simple supper. (via Minimalist Baker)
10. Vegetable Lasagna Cupcakes: Savory and portable, these shiitake-stuffed cupcakes are just too cute not to want to show off. Make a batch, bring them to work and wow your co-workers. (via Chow Vegan)
12. Raw Vegan Lasagna: If you don’t feel like turning on the oven, try this lasagna made from completely raw foods. With a walnut sage crumble, pine nut ricotta and fresh basil, this is one tasty no-cook lasagna. (via Bare Root Girl)
Which non-dairy lasagna recipe do you want to make right now? Tell us in the comments!