Grab your biggest hat and nearest cocktail shaker: this year’s official Kentucky Derby drinks have arrived. Keep reading for the recipes for the Woodford Spire, a citrusy bourbon libation concocted with fresh lemonade, cranberry juice, and a dash of bitters developed by Woodford Reserve master distiller, Chris Morris; and the Rosé Cider Julep, developed by NY-based mixologist Jeremy Oertel and made with the official hard cider of the 144th Kentucky Derby, Angry Orchard Rosé.
The Woodford Spire
- 1 1/2 ounces Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- 2 ounces fresh lemonade
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- squeeze of lemon
- dash of bitters
- lemon peel, to garnish
- Start with a full cup of ice.
- Stir all ingredients together and garnish with a lemon peel.
Rosé Cider Julep
- 6-8 mint leaves, plus more for serving
- 4-5 ounces Angry Orchard Rosé Cider
- 1/2 ounce bourbon
- 1/2 ounce crème de cassis
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Muddle the mint in the bottom of a julep tin.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and then fill the julep tin with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a lavish mint bouquet.
If you make these cocktails, be sure to tag us on Instagram.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.