8 Ways to Try the Oil-Slick Lip Trend for Festival Season
With the new warm weather season, comes a laundry list of beauty trends that we’re dying to try at all the festivals — and oil-slick lips have a spot right at the top. Seen in the Maison Margiela spring show (created by none other than makeup extraordinaire Pat McGrath) and brought into the beauty world by some of our favorite brands like Sigma Beauty and OFRA Cosmetics, these eye-catching lips are meant to turn heads. See below for some of our favorite IRL oil-slick looks.
1. Metallic: McGrath created the perfect look to embody Maison Margiela’s feel of the show, whic was “a play between layers, transparency, and reflection.”
2. Serious Shimmer: Start with a layer of your favorite purple lipstick. Then, go crazy dabbing on your go-to holographic glitter. Top with a lip gloss for a seriously shiny effect.
3. Bold Berry: Want to spice up the typical berry lip color? An oil-slick top coat will do just that.
4. Innocent Pink: After swiping on your favorite pink lipstick, opt for the Sigma Lip Switch gloss to give off all the psychedelic feels.
5. Full-on Oil Slick: After applying the OFRA Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick in “Emerald City” with a gloss on top, you’re oil-slick ready.
6. Holographic Topcoat: If you’re trying to slowly dip your toes into this trend, we recommend starting off with just a holographic gloss.
7. Got The Blues: Apply a darker shade to the outer corners and a blue tone in the middle for a cool, metallic oil-slick lip style.
8. Light + Bright: Grab your favorite two-toned eyeshadows, apply them to your lips, and cover with a gloss for a quick and easy oil-slick.
Tweet us your favorite oil slick beauty looks @BritandCo!