OMG: Karl Lagerfeld Is Selling Evening Gowns for Under $150
Karl Lagerfeld may be on Meryl Streep’s bad side ATM (see: their battle royale over her Oscars dress), but as the genius behind two of the world’s most venerable fashion brands (i.e. Chanel and Fendi), there’s no denying that the man knows his way around a dress. Have you SEEN Chanel’s spring collection? If you thought that a Lagerfeld dress was something you could only dream about, think again.
The Kaiser is launching a 13-piece capsule collection of soirée-ready gowns dubbed the “Social Collection” through his brand Karl Lagerfeld Paris. And the best part is, it’s actually relatively affordable.
That isn’t to say that these frocks are dirt-cheap (it is Lagerfeld after all): Pieces range from $118 to $398, meaning you may still have to save up a bit, but they’re far below the standard price tag of, say, a beaded Chanel gown. First our kids and now this? It’s almost too good to be true! Check out our faves below and shop the collection in full here.
1. Embroidered Lace Sheath Cocktail Dress ($298): This mesh-paneled LBD can be worn to just about any event you could ever dream up: Throw it on atop a pair of pumps and poof! Instant class.
2. Embroidered Rose Mesh Gown ($398): We are unbelievably smitten over this floral print masterpiece with its modest boat neck and cap sleeves. The scoop back flashes just a touch of skin, while the mesh overlay offers intrigue.
3. Crepe Sheath Dress with Pearl Trim ($148): This pearl-embellished frock is classic Chanel for a fraction of the cost, but you’ll want to nab it fast — this one’s going quickly!
4. Georgette Shift Dress with Lace Yoke ($138): This one’s so timeless, we almost envision it on a flapper-era Daisy Buchanan (or Zelda Fitzgerald) donning it to a fancy Prohibition party.
5. Beaded Lace Gown With Illusion Yoke ($398): How va va voom is this? Enough to be worth every penny of its near $400 price tag, no doubt: The details and the beadwork here are stunning.
6. Floral Lace Shiftdress ($148): Not everything in Lagerfeld’s world is black: Sometimes, it’s white too, as evidenced by this spring-ready floral shift.
7. Trapeze Dress With Pearl Necklace ($118): For less formal evenings, there’s this gorgeously simple trapeze dress, which has a signature Lagerfeld pearl neckline to boot.
8. Floral Lace Gown With Fishtail Hem ($298): The only word to describe this floor-length stunner is breathtaking — just check out that 3D flower detail!
Do you love Karl Lagerfeld’s designs? Vote for your fave piece over @BritandCo.
(h/t Cosmopolitan, photos via Tristan Fewings + Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)