Karl Lagerfeld may be on Meryl Streep’s bad side ATM (see: their battle royale over her Oscars dress), but as the genius behind two of the world’s most venerable fashion brands (i.e. Chanel and Fendi), there’s no denying that the man knows his way around a dress. Have you SEEN Chanel’s spring collection? If you thought that a Lagerfeld dress was something you could only dream about, think again.
The Kaiser is launching a 13-piece capsule collection of soirée-ready gowns dubbed the “Social Collection” through his brand Karl Lagerfeld Paris. And the best part is, it’s actually relatively affordable.
That isn’t to say that these frocks are dirt-cheap (it is Lagerfeld after all): Pieces range from $118 to $398, meaning you may still have to save up a bit, but they’re far below the standard price tag of, say, a beaded Chanel gown. First our kids and now this? It’s almost too good to be true! Check out our faves below and shop the collection in full here.
1. Embroidered Lace Sheath Cocktail Dress ($298): This mesh-paneled LBD can be worn to just about any event you could ever dream up: Throw it on atop a pair of pumps and poof! Instant class.
2. Embroidered Rose Mesh Gown ($398): We are unbelievably smitten over this floral print masterpiece with its modest boat neck and cap sleeves. The scoop back flashes just a touch of skin, while the mesh overlay offers intrigue.
3. Crepe Sheath Dress with Pearl Trim ($148): This pearl-embellished frock is classic Chanel for a fraction of the cost, but you’ll want to nab it fast — this one’s going quickly!
4. Georgette Shift Dress with Lace Yoke ($138): This one’s so timeless, we almost envision it on a flapper-era Daisy Buchanan (or Zelda Fitzgerald) donning it to a fancy Prohibition party.
5. Beaded Lace Gown With Illusion Yoke ($398): How va va voom is this? Enough to be worth every penny of its near $400 price tag, no doubt: The details and the beadwork here are stunning.
6. Floral Lace Shiftdress ($148): Not everything in Lagerfeld’s world is black: Sometimes, it’s white too, as evidenced by this spring-ready floral shift.
7. Trapeze Dress With Pearl Necklace ($118): For less formal evenings, there’s this gorgeously simple trapeze dress, which has a signature Lagerfeld pearl neckline to boot.
8. Floral Lace Gown With Fishtail Hem ($298): The only word to describe this floor-length stunner is breathtaking — just check out that 3D flower detail!
Do you love Karl Lagerfeld’s designs? Vote for your fave piece over @BritandCo.
(h/t Cosmopolitan, photos via Tristan Fewings + Pascal le Segretain/Getty)