11 Pieces That Prove the One-Shoulder Fashion Trend Is Here to Stay
Before you even think about reaching for your go-to summer shift, you’re going to want to test drive the Spring 2017 fashion trend that is officially here to stay. It won’t be long now before saucy one-shoulder silhouettes start dominating festival grounds and making an appearance at the upcoming summer wedding circuit. Grab your espadrilles and scroll on for 11 cold-shoulder iterations to invest in for a season of slay-worthy style. Trust us — this trend isn’t going away any time soon.
1. ASOS One Shoulder Ruffle Detail Sundress in Natural Fibre Stripe ($58): T-minus how many days until this flirty striped number gets to come out and play? Between summer weddings, yachting parties, and a dinner date by the shore, it’s guaranteed to be in heavy rotation.
2. Madewell Silk One-Shoulder Top in Assam Floral ($85): Stay ahead of the fashion pack with this ‘70s-inspired one-shoulder blouse featuring a flouncy trim and golden ochre floral print.
3. Maeve Marketa One-Shoulder Dress ($118): Did someone say afternoon spent poolside chilling? We’re so there, especially now that we’ve tracked down the *perfect* open-shoulder nautical dress. Toss this bad boy over your bikini of choice, or wear as is for a carefree #OOTD.
4. Kimchi Blue Floral Mesh Asymmetrical Maxi Dress ($79): With spring graduations on the horizon and maid of honor duties to attend to, a simple LBD isn’t going to cut it. But that’s where this show-stopping one-shoulder maxi enters the equation. Ruffles and an ultra-feminine floral print? How could you say no to that?
5. Blank Denim Making Waves Jumpsuit ($138): Your weekend best looks a little somethin’ somethin’ like this (read: not sloppy). Make waves at your local flea market or corner bodega with this trend-right one-shoulder denim jumpsuit featuring an of-the-moment frayed hem.
6. Cooper & Ella Brooke One Shoulder Dress ($225): Achieve the cold-shoulder effect with this eye-catching geometric print dress that’s ready to take on the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic.
7. Lavish Alice Asymmetric Shirt Dress in Varsity Stripe Satin ($65): Turn some heads with this deconstructed varsity striped dress featuring a reimagined cold-shoulder silhouette and a rocker ‘tude.
8. & Other Stories One Shoulder Frill Top ($85): Cue the Havana nights — we’ve got THE going-out top for you. Sway to the beat of the drums in this frilly metallic top that’s made for the disco diva in all of us. DDG chandelier earrings, where you at?
9. Babaton Quinten Bodysuit ($45): IRL salsa dancer emoji by day, Beyoncé by night. As if the vixen-worthy silhouette wasn’t enough to catch our eye, it’s the OTT ruffle that’s straight-up fire.
10. Pixie Market Striped One Shoulder Sleeve Tie Button Shirt ($119): Attempt to mix business with pleasure a la this deconstructed one-shoulder shirt with an It-girl edge.
11. Zara Printed Dress With Asymmetric Hem ($50): Book that tropical getaway STAT (like right now… seriously, this second!) before this tropical printed dress sells out.
Which of these one-shoulder statement pieces will you be test-driving this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.