23 Orange Statement Pieces to Rock All October (and Beyond)
You’ve brought out the chunky knits and swapped out your sandals for a sleek pair of boots. Now, the only thing missing is a revamped set of power colors. In addition to your traditional mustard yellows and deep burgundy hues, an eye-catching shade of orange is just what the doctor ordered. Check out these 23 statement pieces that prove head-to-toe orange is a look you can actually pull off — without turning into a pumpkin.
1. ASOS Culotte Trouser With Tie Waist Detail ($51): Nothing says athleisure wear like a relaxed pair of bright orange, tie-front trousers. For an edgy downtown look, just swap out your track jacket for a leather topper and some cool kicks.
2. ASOS A-Line Skirt With Pocket Detail ($22): This prim + proper orange A-line skirt is ready to come out and play with all of your lace-up flats. Throw in a satchel bag and a Peter Pan collar blouse for a schoolgirl look that hits the mark.
3. Topshop Shrunken Cable Knit Sweater ($75): Usher in #sweaterweather with this punchy orange cable knit sweater that boasts a shrunken silhouette. For off-duty days, don’t hesitate to style it with a leather skirt or even just plain ol’ jeans.
4. Missguided Sleeveless Longline Collarless Blazer ($48): You *need* to add this sleeveless tangerine blazer to your nine-to-five wardrobe staple STAT. Whether you pair it with matchy-matchy trousers or throwback flares, you’re destined for sartorial greatness.
5. Mango Cotton Coat ($120): Chilly mornings call for an orange knit coatigan that will act as a safety blanket in disguise. Achieve a low-maintenance look by tossing it over an oversized turtleneck sweater and boyfriend jeans.
6. Forever 21 Fringed Faux Suede Skirt ($23): “Fringe for fall” is our new mantra thanks to this fringe-tastic faux suede skirt that’s practically made for a fall music festival or a farmers’ market run. Keep the boho vibes coming with a wide brim hat and ankle booties.
7. Free People Pink Skies Dress ($150): Every girl needs (at least) one little orange dress in her arsenal. Case in point: This blood orange dress with its turtleneck and structured pleats would be perfect for date night, or better yet, a night out with the girls.
8. Topshop Satin Pleated Midi Skirt ($105): Give this satin midi skirt with accordion pleats one twirl and the rest will be history. Dress it up for work with a bow-blouse or pare it down with a cream-colored knit sweater for a daytime look.
9. Ecote Autumn Brushed Cardigan ($79): Embrace ALL the colors of fall with this fuzzy ombre cardigan that mimics the changing leaves. Everything from a casual trapeze dress and riding boots to black jeans and a tee are game with this effortless topper.
10. Pink Clove Wrap Front Longline Tunic ($20): It’s statement pieces like this orange wrap style tunic that make getting dressed in the morning a cinch. Throw it on with black distressed jeans or leather leggings for a foolproof look that works every time.
11. ASOS Lace Up Ballets ($51): Your favorite black lace-up flats that have been on repeat (you know the ones) just received a major upgrade. These rust-colored steppers will look on point no matter how you style ‘em.
12. Fame and Partners Maxi Dress ($215): Whether you’re the hostess with the mostess or have an upcoming fall wedding to attend, this is the easy-breezy maxi that will wow on all fronts.
13. Zara Paisley Scarf ($50): Swap out your go-to plaid blanket scarf for a black and orange paisley scarf that you haven’t already seen a million times. Throw this guy over anything from a chambray shirt to an easy-going shift dress when the office temps are borderline freezing.
14. Zara Midi Skirt ($50): Go ahead and add this dark orange midi skirt to your fall capsule wardrobe. Whether you style it with a turtleneck sweater or work-appropriate blazer, the outfit possibilities are truly endless.
15. Zara Cropped Jumpsuit ($70): Upgrade your weekend style with this mustard orange jumpsuit that is ready for fall shenanigans. Nail that coveted cool-girl look with a ribbed turtleneck sweater and menswear-inspired loafers FTW.
16. J.Crew Leather Envelope Clutch ($85): Enter the #lazygirl way to incorporate a bold surge of orange to any outfit just like that. This sleek leather envelope clutch in neon flame is a no-brainer. *Adds to cart.*
17. For Love & Lemons Fleetwood Oversized Sweater ($168): What’s fuzzy, oversized and all sorts of cozy-chic? All signs point to this snuggly burnt orange pullover that can be thrown over all of your favorite button-front skirts with ease.
18. Topshop Bralet Bodycon Dress ($35): Take the night scene by storm in this killer orange bodycon dress that is equal parts sporty and sultry. Keep the accessories to a minimum by opting for some gold bling in the form of a cool hand chain or oversized cuff.
19. Erika Cavallini Semicouture Carnaby Maxi Dress ($328): BRB, this is the orange + burgundy check print dress that we’re practically going to be living in this season. A statement-making pendant necklace and cognac ankle booties are obligatory.
20. Nasty Gal Vintage Audrey Wide Leg Pants ($158): Channel your inner French girl this season with a pair of red-orange wide leg pants. A striped turtleneck, beret and chunky block heels surely won’t be too far behind.
21. Maryam Nassir Zadeh Palma Suede Heel ($400): Get your Halloween on a tad early with these burnt orange steppers that are downright witchy. Pair these with a LBD or your favorite dark wash denim flares and you can’t go wrong.
22. J.Crew Boy Shirt in Blue Pacey Plaid ($90): This plaid button-down proves that just a hint of orange will do. For a versatile look, style this boyfriend staple with a pleated leather skirt or a tried-and-true denim jacket.
23. Missguided Keyhole Culotte Jumpsuit ($65): Rock two trends at once with this game-changing orange culotte jumpsuit that will make you stand out for all the right reasons. Accessorize with a sleek clutch and stylish steppers for a one-and-done look.
How will you be incorporating orange into your fall wardrobe? Let us know in the comments below!
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.