THIS Is the Unexpected Dress Trending on Pinterest RN
As a result of a surge of ’90s fashion fever, overalls became an Instababe essential almost overnight. The throwback trend has somewhat faded away from the limelight over the past couple of seasons, but according to Pinterest, a spinoff is gaining serious momentum. Boasting the utility of overalls and a hint of playful pinafore flare, the six overall dresses below are a must-have for every spring shopping list — no matter where your sartorial loyalties lie.
1. ADPT Shed Overall Dress ($81): Short, sweet, and stylistically on-point, this navy number is vying for a spot in your off-duty lineup. A ruffle-trimmed floral blouse, oversized Prince of Wales blazer, and Mary Janes are just the thing to give it an Alexa Chung-approved edge.
2. Topshop Denim Utility Pinafore Dress ($68): Forget about denim mini skirts and vintage jeans — carefree afternoons spent perusing flea markets and sipping matcha lattes call for a denim pinafore dress with a touch of ’90s ‘tude. While the weather is still cool, pair it with a rib knit turtleneck, fishnets, and Dr. Martens, then shake things up come spring with a sleeveless mock neck and suede mules.
3. Native Youth Minimal Pinafore Midi Dress ($76): Indeed you can rock this laid-back trend at the office. Snag this knotted midi style, then proceed to pair with a smart button-down (trimmed with a bit of bling, of course), souped-up loafers, and maybe even a pair of oversized glasses just to seal the deal.
4. Liisa Riski Cotton Velvet Dungaree Dress ($315): Okay, we’ll admit it’s a splurge, but as one of the top pinned overall-pinafore dresses on Pinterest, this bad boy is a guaranteed style win. The ochre cotton velvet lends the piece a bohemian vibe that would feel right on cue with a flower crown and turquoise drop earrings.
5. BDG Jessy Wrap-Front Overall Mini Dress ($69): We salute you. Take the military trend to a whole new level with this wrap-front design on standby. For a gig at your fave local hole-in-the-wall, team it with a sporty zip-front sweater, moto cap, and military jacket.
6. Forever21 Corduroy Overall Mini Dress ($23): The key to a killer look this spring? This cream-colored cutie right here. Switch up your go-to date-night look by swapping out a standard bodycon for this sweet number, printed platforms, and a semi-sheer floral blouse.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.