If you’re throwing a party to celebrate a milestone — whether it’s a housewarming, bridal shower, or going-away party — Pantone’s color of the year, Greenery, provides a perfect jumping off point for your decor. The yellow-green shade was literally inspired by nature’s own new beginnings, and it can be incorporated into pretty much any palette. To help your guests celebrate turning over a new leaf (pun intended), check out these fresh ways to add a splash of green to your next party.
1. DIY Palm Tree Balloons: These chic palm tree balloons quietly hint at white sand and clear blue water. If your “new beginning” party has anything to do with the tropics, use your love for all things DIY to make these balloons a part of your decor arsenal. (via Studio DIY)
2. Tilissimo Botanical Wooden Coasters ($22): If your BFF finally gave in to letting you throw her a housewarming, these botanical beauties will make the perfect gift. Coasters are a must for everyday use to protect her (brand new) furniture.
3. DIY Faux Botanical Photo Backdrop: This pretty project offers a fresh spin on the photo backdrop. Real leaves would also work, but if you go faux for your event, you’ll be able to keep ’em up long after. (via Lovely Indeed)
5. Printable Fern Botanical Gallery Wall: Looking for a way to fill the walls of your event space or bar cart? Frame these prints and use them as accents around the room. You’ll love them so much that you might even give them a permanent spot on your gallery wall. (via Emily A Clark)
6. Photo Booth: Set up a photo booth for an outdoor spring get-together. Add a woven texture to your fresh flowers for an airy backdrop that’s sure to be a party favorite. (via 100 Layer Cake)
7. Swoozies Palm Leaf Cheers Stadium Cups ($13, set of 10): If you’re worried about dirtying a ton of dishes, disposable cups are a must. Opt for ones with a cute springy print and stack them on your bar.
8. Botanical Garden Wall: Planning to host an afternoon birthday brunch this spring? Kick off that fresh start to a new decade with a stylish botanical wall and mylar balloons. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
9. DIY Greenery Floral Hoops: Floral hoops offer a simple, bold way to take your directions vertical. Just add faux greenery or fresh flowers and you’ll have a show-stopping statement piece. (via Little Inspiration)
10. DIY Palm Leaf Napkins: Use cotton napkins and acrylic paint to add a simple, natural element to any table setting. Opt for black paint to play off your elegant gold flatware, or stick to green for a freshy, spring vibe. (via Le Crema)
11. DIY Succulent Housewarming Gift: Plants always make great favors that double as party decor. If you’re hosting a housewarming, have your guests each bring a potted plant for your guest of honor to keep, and then DIY your own with a succulent, washable paper bag, and a gift tag — no green thumb required. (via Urban Jungle Bloggers)
12. DIY Foiled Botanical Fabric: What happens when fabric and gold foil collide? You get endless creative possibilities. Whether you’re making cute party favors or designing botanical napkins, let greenery be your guide. (via Damask Love)
13. DIY Garland Balloons: Dreamy balloons can add an ethereal touch to your next party, especially when paired with a garland of greenery. Place these beauties throughout the dance floor or use them as photo booth accessories. Your guests will love them so much, you might have to send them home with one! (via Apartment 34)
Looking for more ways to bring Pantone to your party? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.