19 Party-Ready Shoes to Wear for Any Celebration
We’re not messing around one bit when it comes to sticking to our style resolutions in 2017. Beyond upgrading your nine-to-five wardrobe, take a gander at your going-out attire, especially those stylish steppers. Between glitter-flecked heels, metallic ankle booties and anything that even remotely resembles a disco ball, there’s no shortage of styles to ensure you’re partying it up like a star. Ahead, we’ve found 19 head-turning shoes that will hold you down for every celebration, whether you’re out with your squad, attending a black tie formal or are hosting a Galentine’s Day bash.
1. & Other Stories Night Fever Velvet Platforms ($125): It’s official: We’ve got magenta fever. Can ya blame us for wanting to reach for a John Travolta-inspired suit and disco flares? These towering ankle-strap platforms will not only crush it on the dance floor like “whoa,” but they’re guaranteed to send party goers in a frenzy as they attempt to snag a pair of their own. But don’t delay — they won’t be up for grabs for much longer.
2. Free People Degas Ballet Flat ($68): These lace-up flats are a welcome change of pace from OTT glitz and sky-high heels. In lieu of sequins, opt for a Carrie Bradshaw-inspired tulle mini or even a velvet fit-and-flare dress.
3. Kate Spade Abigail Heels ($328): These scene-stealers tick all the boxes (and then some) for all your party-going needs. As if the rose gold glitter wasn’t enough to set your heart aflutter, the itty-bitty poms seal the deal. Now, you’ve just got to scout out the quintessential ball gown and tiara for your very own Cinderella moment.
especially when it comes to after-hours affairs. Going hand-in-hand with a neck-tie blouse, snazzy suspenders and black trousers, these metallic pointed-toe Oxfords will set the scene for your entire getup. Take note: Those peekaboo cutouts are everything.
5. FP Collection Night Out Ankle Boot ($178): These luxe embellished Western-style ankle boots were made for walkin’ and more. Whether you’re DJing the night away or attending a slew of late-night dance parties, surviving the night blister-free is top priority. Reach for a velvet military jacket and leather pants for no shortage of pizzazz as you unleash your rocker side.
bring the DGAF ‘tude. Not only will they lend themselves well to an ethereal sequined dress for boho appeal, but they’ll kill it with a swishy metallic pleat skirt and an off-duty shacket. Fishnet tights or slouchy marled socks will be required for maximum impact.
7. J.Crew Piped Velvet Double-Strap Sandals ($278): Sophisticated does it with these elegant velvet double-strap sandals that were made for a black tie affair or a roaring ‘20s-themed gala. Just think: The metallic gold piping will even complement your flapper-inspired dress and boa headband if you decide to go the Gatsby route. A black tux wouldn’t be too shabby of an option either.
8. ASOS Daisy Street Pink Metallic Mule Heeled Sandals ($46): Um, in case you haven’t heard, our generation’s obsession with pink will continue in 2017. Enter the metallic mules of your dreams that lend their star power on the dance floor. No sequins even required when your steppers are this fly — just sayin’.
9. Joie Adiel Glitter Mules ($188): Oh em gee is right. Maybe you’re treating yo’self to a vino-fueled night in with the ladies or perhaps you’re non-committal at best when it comes to party plans. Either way, these trend-right glittery backless shoes have got you covered. The low heel will pair well with a silk kimono and rolled-up boyfriend jeans or even a fluttery drop-waist dress for a non-fussy getup. Comfort is SO underrated these days, y’all.
10. & Other Stories Faux Fur Sandalette ($125): Depending on who you ask, faux fur shoes are hit or miss — AKA, you’re either in or you’re out. More elegant, less WTF-worthy, these poufy black heels were made for a glitzy at-home Grammys viewing party. They’ll look simply stylish peeking out from black culottes and just as glam with a sequined shift dress.
11. Forever 21 Metallic Platform Heels ($28): An epic GNO you may or may not remember the morning after calls for an equally daring pair of platform heels. While we’d normally reserve these metallic gold stilettos for a bachelorette party or a stint in Miami, they’re game for an invitation-only fundraiser dinner too. Complete the look with lace-up leather pants, a silk choker blouse and a hands-free belt bag for a sho-stopping #OOTN that will take you into the wee hours of the morning.
12. M. Gemi The Vanto ($125): Sensible party shoes that *aren’t* snoozy? Right this way. Opt for a pair of these playful pom-pom-topped skimmers that put the va-va in the voom. They’ll serve as the exclamation point to a nasty woman-inspired pantsuit and lend instant oomph to a sultry off-the-shoulder dress. Your move.
not dead, these avant-garde steppers will make you want to ditch the heels STAT. Bonus points for the lace-up design and playful cutouts that will elevate you to street MVP status like that. Team ‘em with cropped denim skinnies or a timeless jacquard midi skirt for no shortage of drama with a capital D.
14. & Other Stories Cut-Out Sequin Sandalette ($135): Having an LBD on standby isn’t going to do you much good without the appropriate footwear in tow. But that’s where these shimmery cutout sandals come to the rescue. Go short with a bodycon mini, opt for a sleek maxi or team it alongside a bodysuit and flares — it’s a win-win as long as you’ve got these stunners in the lineup. *Adds to cart without hesitation.*
15. Alice + Olivia Kaylee Denim Flat ($295): Girl, we like the way you think. Ditch the predictable pair for these cheeky denim skimmers that will do all the schmoozing for you come cocktail hour. Proceed to slip these red leather lip-adorned flats featuring a gilded gold heel on alongside a twirl-worthy skirt, a bow-neck blouse and a bold red lip for a getup that’s considerably flirty.
16. Jeffrey Campbell Chateau Heels ($135): If you ask us, January is the quintessential time to reinvent your style or at least take a few well-calculated sartorial risks. Who knows? 2017 *could* be the year you go full-on rocker by ditching your goody-two-shoes roots once and for all. These towering iridescent purple studded heels featuring a clear strap will complement your neck-plunging jumpsuit and new fiery orange pixie cut just fine.
17. Converse Holiday Party High Top Chucks ($80): At last, a girl after our own heart. We vote in favor of ditching the party pumps for a pair of these ultra-sparkly high-top Chuck Taylors. Kickin’ it old-school in your athleisure threads (and retro sneaks) has never looked so good. Rolled-up boyfriend jeans and a sleek black bodysuit are mandatory for an epic dance party.
18. Zara Suede Lace Up Tasselled Mid Heel Shoes ($90): You had us at blush pink suede lace-up steppers. Sure, the fur pom-pom details and heels are man-repelling at best, but who wants to blend in with the crowd anyway? Not us. Proceed to style them with a tulle skirt or black frilly hem trousers for the lewk of the night. Make ‘em stop and stare, we say!
19. Mango Metallic Leather Ankle Boots ($150): Yeezy, watch out! Take it to the streets with a pair of these metallic gold ankle boots that are anything but blasé. Dial it down with a free-wheelin’ burgundy jumpsuit or opt for a leather moto jacket, an oversized mock-neck sweater and trend-right frayed hem jeans for VIP access at the club.