Buy or DIY: 15 Ways to Wear Patriotic Jewelry
Baby, you’re a firework. Like us, you’ve been waiting all summer to fully break out the stars and stripes. Good news: The time has come. It’s only right to celebrate the 4th in girl-next-door style, cutoffs and all. But every Brit girl knows that accessories make the outfit. If you’re ready to step up your patriotic style, check out these 15 pieces that you can buy or DIY to full-on flaunt your patriotic style.
1. Arty in the USA Earring Set ($25): We’re all seeing stars over these adorable stud earrings. Which pair would you wear first? Dibs on the floral print!
2. Chan Luu Turquoise Mix Bead ($210): This refined throwback to your childhood beaded bracelets is as patriotic as they came, but with a whole lot more style.
3. DIY State-ment Necklace: Take it back to your hometown with this make-it-yourself tutorial. With some card stock, gold spray paint and glitter, you can wear your hometown/state pride! (via Lily Shop)
4. American Flag Watch ($37): Timely, or timeless? This vintage style and Americana print turns a basic into a statement.
5. Mother Daughter Jewel Tennessee State Necklace ($40): This handmade charm is sweet and simple, and you can get your state and hometown “heart” custom-made.
6. Wooden Map City Necklace ($28): If your pride is city centric, this is the necklace you need to purchase stat. The makers call themselves Neighborwoods… adorable, much?
7. Custom Brass State Ring ($21): Everyone knows that state rivalry is completely acceptable. But wearing out your loyalty to more than one? Only acceptable with accessories as cute as these custom rings.
9. Interstate of Bliss Bracelet ($10): Forget state rivalry, and show every region some love. Stay road trip ready with these colorful charms.
10. Ohio Spoon Necklace ($48): Gotta love the repurposed style. And I’m calling out my own hometown proud with this O-H-I-O pick!
11. DIY Suede Bracelets Kit ($25): It doesn’t get more down-home than made in America. And it doesn’t get more American made that doing it up at your own kitchen table. Grab a Brit Kit and get crafting.
12. Dogeared I Heart California Necklace ($62): These itty bitty made-in-the-USA pendants are the perfect reminder that home is where the heart is.
14. Custom Brass State Charm and Locket Necklace ($21): For the homesick or the homebodies, you can make your own custom state locket, and keep something that feels like home inside.
15. Gold Star Charm ($12): And it ain’t an Americana party unless there is a star or two dotted across your bod. Here’s one that you can wear long after the fireworks stop booming.
Can you take Fourth style even further? Share your favorite patriotic accessories with us below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)