22 Ways to Rock Red, White and Blue
With July 4th just around the corner, we’ve got red, white and blue on the brain. Whether you’ll be showing your true American pride by wearing stars and stripes or will be taking a more subtle route by sporting the classic color combination, Independence Day is the perfect excuse to get festive (and eat lots of dessert while watching fireworks and listening to Miley’s “Party in the USA”). No matter how you plan to celebrate, these 22 ways to rock red, white and blue are sure to get you in the holiday spirit.
3. American Flag Cap ($29): Printed hats are way hot right now, so why not rock two trends with one purchase?
6. American Flag Pocket Shorts ($8): Denim cutoffs are a summer staple, but these days it’s all about the rips and frays. While one thigh sports stars and the other rocks stripes, these shorts make for a very patriotic outfit choice.
7. Silk Striped Tee ($90): This soft and drapey varsity tee is a closet must. Pair it with jeans for a casual weekend look or with a midi skirt for a chic office outfit.
8. Suede Tassel Vest ($330): You’ve got to rep the wild wild west when celebrating the good old U-S of A. This half-boho, half-cowgirl suede vest has super long fringe and is patchworked with stars and stripes.
10. Lady Liberty Cardigan ($66): A flag-printed garment may seem obvious for the 4th, but this oversized cardigan is one you can rock all year long.
11. Striped Sweater Tank ($20): There’s not a ton of things that $20 can buy you these days, so you should snag this striped tank while you still can. We love how it looks with ripped or white jeans for a red, white and blue bash.
12. USA Flag Tote ($18): A screen printed tote is the perfect addition to your bag collection, and this baby goes with just about everything. Use it at the beach, the grocery store or as your go-to carry-all.
15. High-Top Sneaker ($65): Show your USA pride with a pair of patriotic printed sneakers from Vans. One side displays stripes while the other shows stars.
17. Sweet Charity Bag ($1,055): For a more posh take on the color combo, opt for this Christian Louboutin PVC bag with studs and a gold metal chain. Red, white and blue have never looked so stylish.
18. Printed Runner Shorts ($39): You don’t need to dress in stars and stripes to show your July 4th spirit. Opt for a red, white and blue printed piece like this for a less obvious approach.
19. Short-Sleeved Flag Vest ($145): We couldn’t have a USA roundup without including the godfather of American fashion, Ralph Lauren. This cozy knit vest has a cool fringed trim and instantly pumps up the Americana factor of any outfit.
22. American Flag Infinity Scarf ($38): Add a finishing touch to your look by throwing on a printed scarf. It’s perfect for adding a hint of color and patriotism to your look.
How do you show your USA love? Tell us how you’ll be rocking the red, white and blue this 4th of July in the comments below or on Facebook.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.