14 Pedicure Essentials for 24/7 Sandal Time
Sandal season means one thing: We’re all in need of some serious foot prep and maintenance. While we would all like to get to the salon for regular pedicures, who has the time (and money!) for that? Answer: no one, so let’s recreate that salon experience at home. We gathered 14 pedicure essentials to keep your toes looking sandal pretty for the rest of the simmering season.
1. e.l.f. Nail Polish Remover Pads ($2): The first step to a pedicure is starting out with a clean slate, and with all the summer travel, on-the-go pads are the way to go.
2. Sephora Spa Socks ($36): If it’s been a while since you paid any attention to your tootsies, chances are they are dry, dry, dry. Wear these moisturizing spa socks for just a few hours or overnight, and they’ll be soft and pedi-ready.
3. Bliss Foot Patrol Exfoliating + Softening Cream ($18): Massage this exfoliating scrub into your feet to soften and smooth. The best part is the refreshing peppermint oil that leaves your feet smelling oh so fresh.
4. Diamancel Diamond Foot File ($38): Foot calluses are your sandal’s worst enemy. Buff those away with this easy to use foot file.
5. Clarisonic Pedi Foot Transformation Set ($199): If you’re a regular at-home pedicurist, you may want to consider investing in this spa-like at-home set for all your exfoliating and buffing needs.
6. Butter London Cuticle Eliminator ($19): This gentle exfoliator eliminates the need for a cuticle clipper. Brush some on your nails and watch your cuticles melt away. It’s that easy.
7. Tweezerman Cuticle Nipper ($25): If you prefer the old fashioned way, go ahead and snip off any hang nails and dead skin with this easy to maneuver precious cuticle clipper.
8. L’Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream ($28): Moisturize your feet with this cream that also can help reduce any redness or irritation. The mint scent also helps keep your feet cool in the summer heat.
9. Sephora Mani Pedi Kit ($18): This set has all of your toenail basics — clippers, buffers, files and toe separators to let you get your pedicure on anywhere.
10. Butter London Tops + Tails Nail Set ($29): Get your base and top coats in one pack. The base coat will smooth and protect your nails while the top coat will give it a shiny, chip-resistant finish.
11. Ciate Beach House Collection ($25): Now that your feet have been pampered, it’s time to start playing with colors. This beach-y set will give you enough options to switch it up well into fall.
12. Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Pen ($6): If you’re the nail art type, now you can use these water-based nail pens to add designs on your pedicure. And no worries about fumbles; it wipes off easily if you make any mistakes.
13. OPI Correct + Clean Up Corrector Pen ($8): Made a mistake? No problem. You can easily remove any excess nail polish and touch up the edges with this clean up corrector.
14. Essie Quick-e Drying Drops ($10): Those last few minutes of drying time are crucial. One bad move can result in a dent or scratch that will make you reach for the nail polish remover and start painting all over again. Skip that wait and protect your pedi with these drying drops. Now you’re ready for these:
Which of these pedicure essentials are your favorites? Let us know in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)