Steppin’ Out: 25 Excellent Espadrilles
There’s no summer footwear more chic than the espadrille, so we won’t have to rope you into trying on this spectacular shoe for size. Whether you’re jetsetting to the shore or perfecting your grill marks at a block party BBQ, get whisked away by these 25 braided-soled beauties.
1. Mini Wedge ($139): Meet the ballet flat’s more posh cousin. We’re calling this ladylike espadrille the perfect summertime stepper.
2. Marigot Wedges ($168): We were totally behind the miraculous transition of the clog from the feet of Eastern Europe farmers to Paris fashion models. Now you can slip into these studded clunkers made over with an espadrille twist.
3. Castaner Lace Up ($228): Shimmery laces glam up these posh canvas wedges. Plus the peep toe adds some welcome va-va-voom!
4. LeLaso Print ($45): Add a little whimsy to your step this summer. We love the charming hodge podge of wispy fans, mini flowers and pastel feathers on this everyday slip on.
5. Bright Blue ($178): These bright blue shoes are made for strutting. Befriend this bold pop of color and rock some fierce summer fashion.
6. Leopard Patch Slip Ons ($99): There’s nothing more regal than having a crest crown your slip ons, and there’s nothing more dope than when that crest has a leopard on it. Do we really need to say more?
7. Studded Ankle Boots ($26): These basic ankle booties are the makings of a casual classic. The neutral shade goes with just about everything – from sundresses to cutoffs – and the zig zagging gold studs add a pinch of pizazz.
8. Garcia Wedges ($30): Give this patriotic pump the attention it deserves after the fireworks fade. Pair with a bright yellow romper to make a true summer statement.
9. Gold Tipadrille ($115): First it happened to ballet flats, now espadrilles are getting the gold toe treatment. The single metallic stud on the back of these slip ons really ties the whole look together.
10. Damita Wedge ($110): These strappy wedges may be the cutest wear-alls of summer. The single gold zipper adds a perfectly dramatic detail.
11. Salon Stevie Flatform ($111): We’re dazzled by these flower-studded flatforms. Gem-topped sandals are a definite DIY waiting to happen!
12. Lucianna Sandal ($100): Twist the night away in these colorful espadrilles. Show your ankles some love by wrapping them in a pretty bow.
13. Polka Dot Wedges ($76): Can you think of a more playful pattern than the polka dot? The thin, nude color ankle strap gives these wedges an extra elegant touch.
14. Lace Ballerina Flat ($50): Lace and mesh make these sheer espadrilles a dainty summer “do.” And a cute way to peep your latest pedicure!
15. Stop Traffic Wedge ($109): There’s no doubt that these wedges will live up to their name. Wear the neon strap sandals with cuffed boyfriend jeans and a tote bag full of confidence.
16. Criss Cross Wedge ($295): We’re drooling over these chic carrot color wedges! Orange is on trend this summer in just about everything but post-tan skin color.
17. Slingback Shoe ($62): These stretchy slingbacks aren’t noisemakers but take it from us, they’re a versatile summertime sandal. From the office to the boardwalk, this pair will soon be your constant companion.
18. Razia Flat ($50): Tie dye streaks set these slipper espadrilles apart. Have we mentioned we’re a sucker for neon piping?
20. Cheetah Print Wedge ($108): Cheetah print pony hair? Yes please! Thick straps make these espadrilles ultra modern.
21. Neon Flatform ($54-$63): Summer is the perfect time to bust out your neon gear. These sporty espadrilles are a great sneaker substitute.
22. Blush Glitter Platform ($80): We’re firm believers in adding sparkle to your step (and pretty much anything else!) so we’re obviously smitten with these sparkly platforms. The chocolate brown back keeps it age appropriate.
23. Lucite Heel Sandal ($90): Pump up your shoe collection with these cheery mint espadrilles. Clear heels are everywhere these days (stay tuned for a future post on that!) and this sandal is no exception.
24. Lasso Slip On ($130): “X” marks the spot of some seriously stylish feet. Eye-popping silver straps spice up these grey slip ons.
25. T-Strap Flat ($26): This espadrille incorporates the three major “F’s” of summer style: fun, flirty and flowery. Let’s face it, everything’s better with blossoms!
Is the espadrille your go-to summer shoe? Tell us why in the comments below!