Morning Buzz! Penn Badgley and Domino Kirke Had a Second Wedding and the Pics Are Party Perfection + More
A second wedding for Penn Badgley and a romantic showing from Mac Miller lead this morning’s top news stories. Check out those and more below in the Monday Morning Buzz!
1. Gossip Girl‘s Penn Badgley got married in a very low-key ceremony back in February, but he and wife Domino Kirke (Girls star Jemima Kirke’s sister) decided to do it again over the weekend, and it looked like an amazing party. The outdoor wedding took place in Waccabuc, New York, according to tagged Instagram pics from friends, and celebs including Mariska Hargitay, Debra Messing, and more were on hand to help celebrate. “You only get married twice, once,” Kirke captioned a photo of a dapper-looking Badgley. Kirke herself looked stunning in a simple, lacy beige dress. Congrats (again!) to the happy couple!
2. Mac Miller got romantic for Ariana Grande’s birthday. Grande turns 24 today, and BF Mac Miller posted an adorably sappy message on Instagram. “Happy Birthday to this adorable pure soul who has reminded me what being happy feels like,” he wrote on a funny pic of the two in Paris. “Thank you for loving me so good. I think it’s supposed to be ‘so well’ but I don’t care. I love you and can’t wait for all of the adventures.” If this IG post is any indication, he’s gonna make it a special one for his love. Happy birthday, girl!
3. Prince Harry admits he once almost quit royal life. In a new interview with the Mail on Sunday, Harry revealed that, after leaving the Army, he considered leaving his royal duties behind to live an ordinary life. “I felt I wanted out,” he said, calling his service in the Army the best escape he’d ever had. “But then [I] decided to stay in and work out a role for myself.” He claimed his loyalty to the Queen is the reason he stayed. Harry — who also recently said that no one in the royal family actually wants to be king or queen — went on to say that he doesn’t want royal life to simply be that of a celebrity who waves at people, but instead he wants to “use our role for good.” (h/t Daily Mail, photo via Julian Simmonds/Getty)
4. Khloe Kardashian proves it’s true love with Tristan Thompson as she cooks kidney for the first time ever — and is super grossed out. The things we do for love! Kardashian doesn’t eat meat herself, and while helping BF Thompson make one of his favorite childhood recipes from his Jamaican mother, she posted a series of Snapchats documenting every queasy moment. “You guys, I feel like I’m on Fear Factor,” she said as she opened the container holding the dark meat. Thompson can be heard egging her on, saying in one Snapchat as Kardashian seasons the meat, “Yes, massage that! Yes, season it up, feel it, you gotta become one with the meat.” Kardashian might have thought it was gross, but from our view? Nothing but cute.
5. The official Pitch Perfect 3 trailer is here! The Bellas are all too relatable as they struggle to get their lives together and start adulting after college — so what else is there to do but sing the stress away? They head to the USO competition in Europe, where the other contestants use real instruments and put a bit of a wrench in their plans. Also? There are EXPLOSIONS. The Bellas as action stars? We’ll take it. Pitch Perfect 3 is set for a December 22 release.
6. Quote of the day: “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” Some perfect #MondayMotivation perspective from Mark Twain.
What’s motivating you this morning? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)