20 Ways to Work Leather Into Your Fall Wardrobe
Leather is completely dominating every wardrobe staple imaginable this fall —we’re talking shirts, shorts, and dresses made entirely of leather! But if that trend seems like much too much, we recommend trying these 20 leather-trimmed pieces on for size. Because when leather is used as an accent, it gives garments both a stunning shape and a high-fashion feel in a proportion that’s just right for our style.
2. Faux Leather Trim Boyfriend Shirt ($89): The classic white button down gets an edgy update with thin leather trim. We have to say the result is just as good as the original.
3. Faux Leather Trim Cap Sleeve Top ($50): Delicate draping and faux leather cap sleeves give this cowl neck an ultra modern look. The “night shadow blue” color is nothing less than swoon-worthy.
4. Abbie Quilted Sweatshirt ($150): We love the combo of smooth leather elbow patches with chunky quilted pleating. It’s the perfect mix of hard and soft in our book.
5. Leather Pocket Pullover ($128): This cozy looking cotton shirt is both slouchy and stylish, all thanks to the leather contrast pocket. Get used to seeing lots of army green and leather this season.
1. Faux Leather Trim Tweed Skirt ($79): Leather trim amps up this basic tweed skirt with just the right amount of edge. Pair with a colorful knit for work or a chiffon tank for after-dinner drinks.
2. Emily Solid Pant ($170): These polished trousers boast cool front leather pockets that can either be boldly featured or discretely disguised based what color you choose. Maybe buy one pair in each color, just to be on the safe side ;)
3. Leather Panel Skirt ($198): Skillfully placed leather panels give superb shape to this otherwise ordinary black skirt. We love how it dresses up an open chambray top and grey tee.
4. Vegan Leather Trim Skinny ($98): These skinny jeans borrow a traditional tuxedo detail to achieve a look that’s ultimately more sporty than black-tie appropriate. The black leather racing stripe makes your legs look miles long.
5. Vilipara Skirt ($335): This is a power skirt if we’ve ever seen one! Curvy leather panels add incredible sophistication.
1. Faux Leather Trim Ponte Sheath Dress ($77): A faux leather “belt” wraps around the waist of this dress like a dream, creating a beautiful feminine shape from both the front and back.
2. Shift Dress with Contrast Leather Front ($166): This ain’t your mama’s tweed dress! Tweed and leather meet again, but this time, it’s the leather that’s taking the front seat, and we’re totally on board with that.
3. Faux Leather Trim Sheath Dress ($235): It’s official, this might be the most beautiful leather detailing we’ve laid eyes on this fall. Both the front hourglass shape and fluid back pattern create jaw-dropping silhouettes.
4. Sweater Dress with Leather Look Collar ($65): Stylish collars have been catching our attention lately, so it’s no surprise fell head over heels for this neckline. We don’t ever remember a time when a sweater dress looked this cute!
5. Pencil Dress ($71): This little black dress is seriously smokin’! Ruched hips, a plunge neckline, and a thick leather belt all add extra va-va-voom.
1. Wool-Blend Coat ($290): Bundle up in style with this seriously chic wool coat. Leather trim elegantly wraps around loose cuffs and accentuates the gorgeous structured neckline.
2. Faux Leather Trim Poncho ($88): This leather-trimmed shawl is a perfect fall cover-all. Wherever you’re casting off the chill, never let this cuddly cape leave your side!
3. Leather Look Insert Blazer ($85): Every girl needs a good blazer in her arsenal, and this one definitely fits the bill. Its boyfriend cut is right on trend, just like the leather panel that spans both shoulders.
5. Checked Duffle Coat with Leather Sleeves ($189): A plaid hunter’s jacket gets an urban makeover with long leather sleeves. This versatile piece would look great with pleated khakis or even a pair of…gasp…leather shorts!
Which of these leather detailed pieces work with your style? Tell us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.