20 Ways to Work Leather Into Your Fall Wardrobe
Leather is completely dominating every wardrobe staple imaginable this fall —we’re talking shirts, shorts, and dresses made entirely of leather! But if that trend seems like much too much, we recommend trying these 20 leather-trimmed pieces on for size. Because when leather is used as an accent, it gives garments both a stunning shape and a high-fashion feel in a proportion that’s just right for our style.
2. Faux Leather Trim Boyfriend Shirt ($89): The classic white button down gets an edgy update with thin leather trim. We have to say the result is just as good as the original.
3. Faux Leather Trim Cap Sleeve Top ($50): Delicate draping and faux leather cap sleeves give this cowl neck an ultra modern look. The “night shadow blue” color is nothing less than swoon-worthy.
4. Abbie Quilted Sweatshirt ($150): We love the combo of smooth leather elbow patches with chunky quilted pleating. It’s the perfect mix of hard and soft in our book.
5. Leather Pocket Pullover ($128): This cozy looking cotton shirt is both slouchy and stylish, all thanks to the leather contrast pocket. Get used to seeing lots of army green and leather this season.
1. Faux Leather Trim Tweed Skirt ($79): Leather trim amps up this basic tweed skirt with just the right amount of edge. Pair with a colorful knit for work or a chiffon tank for after-dinner drinks.
2. Emily Solid Pant ($170): These polished trousers boast cool front leather pockets that can either be boldly featured or discretely disguised based what color you choose. Maybe buy one pair in each color, just to be on the safe side ;)
3. Leather Panel Skirt ($198): Skillfully placed leather panels give superb shape to this otherwise ordinary black skirt. We love how it dresses up an open chambray top and grey tee.
4. Vegan Leather Trim Skinny ($98): These skinny jeans borrow a traditional tuxedo detail to achieve a look that’s ultimately more sporty than black-tie appropriate. The black leather racing stripe makes your legs look miles long.
5. Vilipara Skirt ($335): This is a power skirt if we’ve ever seen one! Curvy leather panels add incredible sophistication.
1. Faux Leather Trim Ponte Sheath Dress ($77): A faux leather “belt” wraps around the waist of this dress like a dream, creating a beautiful feminine shape from both the front and back.
2. Shift Dress with Contrast Leather Front ($166): This ain’t your mama’s tweed dress! Tweed and leather meet again, but this time, it’s the leather that’s taking the front seat, and we’re totally on board with that.
3. Faux Leather Trim Sheath Dress ($235): It’s official, this might be the most beautiful leather detailing we’ve laid eyes on this fall. Both the front hourglass shape and fluid back pattern create jaw-dropping silhouettes.
4. Sweater Dress with Leather Look Collar ($65): Stylish collars have been catching our attention lately, so it’s no surprise fell head over heels for this neckline. We don’t ever remember a time when a sweater dress looked this cute!
5. Pencil Dress ($71): This little black dress is seriously smokin’! Ruched hips, a plunge neckline, and a thick leather belt all add extra va-va-voom.
1. Wool-Blend Coat ($290): Bundle up in style with this seriously chic wool coat. Leather trim elegantly wraps around loose cuffs and accentuates the gorgeous structured neckline.
2. Faux Leather Trim Poncho ($88): This leather-trimmed shawl is a perfect fall cover-all. Wherever you’re casting off the chill, never let this cuddly cape leave your side!
3. Leather Look Insert Blazer ($85): Every girl needs a good blazer in her arsenal, and this one definitely fits the bill. Its boyfriend cut is right on trend, just like the leather panel that spans both shoulders.
5. Checked Duffle Coat with Leather Sleeves ($189): A plaid hunter’s jacket gets an urban makeover with long leather sleeves. This versatile piece would look great with pleated khakis or even a pair of…gasp…leather shorts!
Which of these leather detailed pieces work with your style? Tell us in the comments below!