20 Ways to Work Leather Into Your Fall Wardrobe
Leather is completely dominating every wardrobe staple imaginable this fall —we’re talking shirts, shorts, and dresses made entirely of leather! But if that trend seems like much too much, we recommend trying these 20 leather-trimmed pieces on for size. Because when leather is used as an accent, it gives garments both a stunning shape and a high-fashion feel in a proportion that’s just right for our style.
2. Faux Leather Trim Boyfriend Shirt ($89): The classic white button down gets an edgy update with thin leather trim. We have to say the result is just as good as the original.
3. Faux Leather Trim Cap Sleeve Top ($50): Delicate draping and faux leather cap sleeves give this cowl neck an ultra modern look. The “night shadow blue” color is nothing less than swoon-worthy.
4. Abbie Quilted Sweatshirt ($150): We love the combo of smooth leather elbow patches with chunky quilted pleating. It’s the perfect mix of hard and soft in our book.
5. Leather Pocket Pullover ($128): This cozy looking cotton shirt is both slouchy and stylish, all thanks to the leather contrast pocket. Get used to seeing lots of army green and leather this season.
1. Faux Leather Trim Tweed Skirt ($79): Leather trim amps up this basic tweed skirt with just the right amount of edge. Pair with a colorful knit for work or a chiffon tank for after-dinner drinks.
2. Emily Solid Pant ($170): These polished trousers boast cool front leather pockets that can either be boldly featured or discretely disguised based what color you choose. Maybe buy one pair in each color, just to be on the safe side ;)
3. Leather Panel Skirt ($198): Skillfully placed leather panels give superb shape to this otherwise ordinary black skirt. We love how it dresses up an open chambray top and grey tee.
4. Vegan Leather Trim Skinny ($98): These skinny jeans borrow a traditional tuxedo detail to achieve a look that’s ultimately more sporty than black-tie appropriate. The black leather racing stripe makes your legs look miles long.
5. Vilipara Skirt ($335): This is a power skirt if we’ve ever seen one! Curvy leather panels add incredible sophistication.
1. Faux Leather Trim Ponte Sheath Dress ($77): A faux leather “belt” wraps around the waist of this dress like a dream, creating a beautiful feminine shape from both the front and back.
2. Shift Dress with Contrast Leather Front ($166): This ain’t your mama’s tweed dress! Tweed and leather meet again, but this time, it’s the leather that’s taking the front seat, and we’re totally on board with that.
3. Faux Leather Trim Sheath Dress ($235): It’s official, this might be the most beautiful leather detailing we’ve laid eyes on this fall. Both the front hourglass shape and fluid back pattern create jaw-dropping silhouettes.
4. Sweater Dress with Leather Look Collar ($65): Stylish collars have been catching our attention lately, so it’s no surprise fell head over heels for this neckline. We don’t ever remember a time when a sweater dress looked this cute!
5. Pencil Dress ($71): This little black dress is seriously smokin’! Ruched hips, a plunge neckline, and a thick leather belt all add extra va-va-voom.
1. Wool-Blend Coat ($290): Bundle up in style with this seriously chic wool coat. Leather trim elegantly wraps around loose cuffs and accentuates the gorgeous structured neckline.
2. Faux Leather Trim Poncho ($88): This leather-trimmed shawl is a perfect fall cover-all. Wherever you’re casting off the chill, never let this cuddly cape leave your side!
3. Leather Look Insert Blazer ($85): Every girl needs a good blazer in her arsenal, and this one definitely fits the bill. Its boyfriend cut is right on trend, just like the leather panel that spans both shoulders.
5. Checked Duffle Coat with Leather Sleeves ($189): A plaid hunter’s jacket gets an urban makeover with long leather sleeves. This versatile piece would look great with pleated khakis or even a pair of…gasp…leather shorts!
Which of these leather detailed pieces work with your style? Tell us in the comments below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.