15 of Your Must-Read Books
Last week, we asked you to share the books you just couldn’t put down this summer, and we were flooded with submissions. If you’re looking to round out your fall reading list, here’s where to start. From some fantastic fiction to the more serious non-fiction reads, you guys can’t seem to get enough of the following 15 books. We’ve read most of these and can attest that you chose some superb picks here! Check them out and start turning pages if you missed any of these gems.
1. Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple ($9): A missing persons case combined with an Antarctic adventure? We can’t wait to dig in.
3. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes ($8): In the mood for a complicated love story? This is the book for you.
4. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter ($9): Centered around a movie star from the 1960s and a hotel owner on a remote Italian island, this story is sweeping and not to be missed.
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green ($4): Technically a young adult book, this story follows the love and journey of two teens struggling with cancer—without heading into sappy territory.
6. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Powell ($5): Another YA pick, this book follows the story of two misfit teens finding friendship and love in high school. A book everyone can relate to.
7. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern ($10): Two dueling magicians create ever expanding illusions in a grand competition that neither one of them quite understands. Adult fans of Harry Potter, check this one out.
8. Let’s Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris ($6.50): The new book by David Sedaris. Need we say more?
9. The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker ($11): What would happen if time slowly started to change? If daylight now lasted for weeks and nights did, too? This novel explores just that.
10. The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan ($12): A novel that imagines the story of the young ballet dancers immortalized by Edgar Degas. We’re a fan of anything dance-related. Cue Black Swan.
11. Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman ($9): The basis for the hit Netflix series that we all love. (Wait, we DO all love it, right?) Tackle the book before watching the show, if you haven’t already.
12. And the Mountains Echoed by Kaled Hosseini ($11): From the author of The Kite Runner, a new novel about how the actions of family members impact each other in ways large and small.
13. I Was Told There’d Be Cake by Sloane Crosley ($11): A hilarious book of essays that we can all relate to, even if the version we’ve lived was slightly less extreme.
14. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn ($11): There’s no stopping this thriller filled with twists and turns you just don’t see coming. If you’ve read Gone Girl, Flynn’s novel Dark Places was also recommended.
15. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg ($11): Oh Sheryl, how we love thee. This book is an A+ on our list, so we were glad to see it up on yours, too. Definitely plan on leaning in to this one. Hardy har har.
Have another recommended title? We can’t get enough of your tips. Tell us in the comments!