ICYMI, greenery has taken the wedding world by storm this year. But why should the craze stop at garden venues and floral backdrops when adorable little plant favors are a possibility too? Blooming gifts, like edible petals in a lollipop and tiny bouquets, will score you and your boo all the trend points. Feeling a tug on your green-goddess heartstrings? Keep scrolling for 14 botanical favor ideas that are perfect for any outdoorsy-cool couple.
1. Minimalist Daffodil Bulbs: When you think of wedding favors, you probably don’t think about flower bulbs… at least until now. For a special touch, attach care instructions with a customized note on the mini garden bed. (via Raymond Hom / Martha Stewart Weddings)
2. Single Peony Bouquet: If you and your S.O. are into eco-friendliness, go ahead and have your florist repurpose your wedding decor flowers as favors for your guests. You’ll get more bang out of your floral budget buck. (via Art Social)
3. Let Love Blossom Seed Packets: For the gifts that keep on giving, help your guests sprout some plant friends with these little packs of seeds. Give them a bonus surprise by filling the packets with different flower varieties. (via Wesley Vorster / Ruffled)
4. Love-Stamped Cacti: These prickly gems are the new “It” plants for 2017 and can fit in almost anywhere. Pot different cacti varieties in paper bags to add some edginess to your wedding favor style. (via I Spy DIY)
5. Hanging Succulent Terrariums: Whether you position these wedding favors on tables or hang them from the ceilings as part of your decor, succulent terrariums can beautifully transform your boho look. (via Organic Elements)
6. DIY Botanical Wood Slices: Transferring botanical prints onto these cute wooden coasters will add a pretty, vintage flair to your wedding favors. All you need is an ink-jet printer and wax paper to make these babies a reality. (via Ella Claire Inspired)
7. Mini Flower Bouquets: If you love this look on the wedding party, you (and your guests!) are in for a treat. Send everyone home with their own personal mini bouquets to make them feel extra special. (via Homey Oh My)
8. Bellini Petal Lollipops: You’re never too old for a lollipop — especially if it includes organic flowers and boozy flavors. After a long night of laughing and dancing, it will be just what your guests need to make them feel like kids again. (via Heather Baird / Etsy Blog)
9. Fresh Potted Herbs: Everyone appreciates fresh herbs, so go ahead and get creative with it and make your own potted ones. You and your guests will get to savor the fresh aroma of a sunny herb garden during your nuptials and for weeks to come. (via Adrian Tuazon / 100 Layer Cake)
10. On-the-Go Christmas Trees: If you’re going for a winter holiday theme, we can’t think of a better way to send your guests home than with their very own version of a Christmas tree. Bonus points if you add mini ornaments to go with it. (via Bridget Rochelle / Style Me Pretty)
11. Colorful Potted Succulents: Succulents are taking wedding decor by storm and they make for a lovely treat for your guests. Choose a unique design to go with your wedding colors or mix and match for an eclectic look. (via Jenna Bechtholt / 100 Layer Cake)
12. Chocolate Flower Bark Boxes: Looking for a trendy botanical alternative to your wedding sweets? Say hello to these Millennial Pink chocolate flower bark boxes. They’ll give your wedding decor a sweet boho vibe. (via An Architect Abroad)
13. Fern Glass Boxes: Planning a more intimate wedding? Make sure to include this unique gift that’s ideal for a shorter list of people. You can display your guest names and maybe their table number with a fern or a plant sprig. (via Jose Villa / Style Me Pretty)
14. Local Potted Blooms: Cute and delicate, these bright potted blooms will last long after the night of the wedding. Source the flowers from a local vendor or your hometown and attach some twine around it to make them one of a kind. (via The Swenglish Home)
Will you incorporate any of these botanical wedding favors into your wedding? Tweet us your wedding favor ideas @BritandCo!