The return of sweater weather has us all plotting new ways to stay toasty (and chic) when the conditions outside are downright frightful. But have no fear — pom-pom sweaters are here. Not only will they elicit smiles from random passersby, but they’ll help you bring some serious style know-how to the streets. Whether you’re snowed in or you actually have to brave the elements for brunch or a party, keep scrolling for 12 peak cozy winter knits that deserve to be front and center.
1. J.Crew Merino Wool Cable Pom-Pom Sweater ($98): Staying cozy never looked so chic. You have our permission to rock this bright red merino sweater nonstop.
2. Paul Smith Women’s Navy Mixed-Stripe Sweater With Pom-Poms ($295): File this cheerful mixed-stripe sweater under what to wear when meeting your S.O.’s parents. Talk about a spectacular first impression.
3. Aerie Boucle Pom Pom Pullover ($50): Squeee! Be prepared to up the cozy factor with this soft boucle sweater that’s fit for a lifetime of snowball fights.
4. Tibi Alpaca Pom-Pom Cropped Sweater ($450): As if you could say no to oversized poms and luxurious alpaca wool. Besides, the cropped silo will look divine with a midi skirt and sleek ankle boots for city commutes.
5. Nasty Gal Having a Ball Cold Shoulder Sweater ($70): Count on this orange knit sweater (with color-clashing pink balls, no less!) looking the pom diggity at the ski resort accompanied by a toboggan hat and snow boots.
6. Candy Flip Shop ($129): Clown school dropout? Not even close. Peep those primary-hued poms serving up an extra dose of artsy flair.
7. English Factory Pom-Pom Sweater ($145): We love how the subtle pom-pom trim lends just a hint of femme to an otherwise pared-down pullover.
8. Kate Spade Leopard-Print Collar Sweater ($278): Spotted: a lovely lady in leopard. Between the faux fur collar and coordinating poms, this showstopper won’t fail to dial up the cat-titude this winter.
9. OneOn Hand Knitted Reversible Cardigan With Pom-Pom Sleeves ($229): There’s nothing basic about a chunky cardigan that would do the hygge-obsessed proud.
10. Compania Fantastica The Pom Diggity Cardigan ($69): Fact: Afternoons spent knitting by the fire and sipping hot cocoa are 100 percent more fun with colorful poms in the equation.
11. Zara Sweater With Colored Pom-Poms ($60): Burgeoning street MVP status right here.
12. Field Flower Evie Flower Pullover ($148): Baby, it’s getting cold outside. Don’t make the mistake of schlepping out into the snow without this chummy faux fur pom-strewn pullover to keep you warm.
Which of these playful pom-pom sweaters will you be snatching up? Follow us on Pinterest for more winter style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.