Winged eyeliner, short bobs, and red lipstick all have one thing in common: They’re classic beauty looks that were all the rage decades ago, but remain popular to this day. The 2018 Golden Globes red carpet proved that vintage hairstyles, in particular, are back in a big way. Case in point — the return of the pompadour. Read on to check out six celebs who nailed this look.
1. Saoirse Ronan: Short, light locks (and a win!) made Ronan’s look shine even brighter. (Photo via David Crotty/Getty)
2. Jessica Biel: This sleek — but voluminous — hairstyle paired perfectly with Biel’s understated makeup. (Photo via David Crotty/Getty)
3. Claire Foy: A shiny, slicked-down coif like Foy’s is the perfect ‘do to rock with a menswear-inspired outfit. (Photo via George Pimentel/Getty)
4. Gal Gadot: Gadot opted for a subtle spin on this timeless look by not going overboard with the volume in her poof. (Photo via Steve Granitz/Getty)
5. Allison Williams: The side swept nature of Williams’ red carpet strands gave a fresh feel to this traditional updo. (Photo via Kevok Djansezian/Getty)
6. Giuliana Rancic: Rancic’s mane was the picture of classic-meets-contemporary: Her vintage pompadour offset an edgy, imperfect braid for a show-stopping look. (Photo via Michael Kovac/Getty)
Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo and info.