13 Pool Games and Activities to Play Before Summer Ends
With summer in full swing, hours spent poolside are a given. And that watery oasis is the perfect place to catch up on a good read, throw a pool party with friends, or just selfie the day away on your Insta-worthy floatie (just remember the SPF, please). If find yourself hanging with your crew by the pool, then consider these exciting activities to keep you busy in the heat of the day. Scroll down for 13 interactive games that are sure to be a cool blast in the heat!
1. Urban Outfitters Hot Dog Joust Pool Game ($35): Take a break from chillaxin’ on your pink flamingo and challenge your besties to a jousting festival with hot dog floaties. These inflatable pups are sure to foster some serious competition in party goers of all ages.
2. DIY Pool Party Balloon Wall: It’s hard to properly host a pool party without a killer photo backdrop. DIY a bright balloon wall to give you *all* the photo opps you and your BFFs could ever want. (via Oh Happy Day)
3. Sunnylife Inflatable Cactoss ($25): Ring toss just got a very adorable — and trendy — upgrade. And TBH, that cactus is cute enough to leave around the pool as decor when you’re not challenging your friends to a game.
4. WOW Floating Island Pontoon Picnic Table ($200): There are chairs, a table, and even a cooler in the middle of this bad boy. Not only will you have a flat surface for waterproof games, but you will literally NEVER have to leave the comfort of your pool.
5. Forever 21 Pool Candy Confetti Beach Ball ($10): Because nothing says “party” like confetti! Kick off your summer celebration in style with a sparkle-filled take on the classic beach ball.
6. Sunnylife Pineapple Ping Pong ($39): Snag some balls from your beer ponging friends and have a blast serving up aquatic fun for hours and hours.
7. Sunbrella Floating Toss Game ($299): This game should be mandatory at all outdoor festivities. Floating corn hole adds an extra challenge and is SO addicting — you’ll be a party winner even if you’re losing.
9. GoPong Pool Pong Table ($175): Beer + Pool = Winning. Take the beer pong table into the water and you can stay cool while you practice taking your best shot.
11. Intex Pool Volleyball Game ($47): Forget getting sand all up in your swimsuit — pool volleyball is where it’s at. Plus, the setup and cleanup are simple: Just inflate, play hard, and then deflate when you’re ready for cocktails and snacks.
12. DIY Pool Party Movie Night: Once the sun goes down, it’s time to put the pool floats to good use and set up a casual movie night. Project your fave film against a fence or wall and plop a floating drink bar down to keep everyone well lubricated. (via Oh Happy Day)
13. Inflatable Tic-Tac-Toe Pool Game ($23): Sometimes simple games are best, especially when they’re oversized and floating. Everyone will love this unique tic-tac-toe board that’s easy to inflate and deflate.
What are your go-to outdoor games? Follow us on Pinterest for even more party ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.