We loved hot dogs as kids, and we can love them just as much as adults. (Seriously, put down the burger.) These dogs have gone through a total makeover, and we’re losing our collective minds over them. Whether your greatest obsession is over breakfast sandwiches or brimming tacos, we promise you there’s a gourmet frank to match it. See for yourself with these 13 crave-worthy hot dog transformations!
1. Cheesy Mexican Gourmet Hot Dogs: Keep your tacos for Tuesdays and dress your hot dogs with cheese sauce, serrano peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, and crumbled queso fresco every other day of the week. (via The Wicked Noodle)
2. Bánh Mì Hot Dogs: These astounding hot dogs are inspired by the highly craved Vietnamese Bánh Mì. They’re even topped with all the right stuff, from crisp daikon to punchy jalapeños. (via My Name Is Yeh)
3. Merguez Hot Dogs With Caramelized Onions: Caramelized onions are a total game-changer on these hearty and juicy Merguez hot dogs — and don’t be shy with that old-fashioned mustard! (via Ricardo Cuisine)
4. The Ultimate Breakfast Hot Dog: Good news, friends: We can now indulge in hot dogs for breakfast by piling them high with fried eggs, crispy bacon, melty cheese, and potato hash. (via Frugal Mom Eh!)
6. Chorizo Hot Dogs With Chimichurri and Smokey Red Relish: In case it wasn’t obvious, gourmet hot dogs are ALL about the toppings. This recipe lets you choose between an herbaceous chimichurri or a smokey red relish, but we say use both. (via Gourmet Traveller)
7. Greek Hot Dog: If you feel the need to put a Greek spin on everything, then you need these dogs in your life. They’re jam-packed with cherry tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, kalamata olives, tzatziki, and an obligatory mound of crumbled feta. (via Country Cleaver)
8. Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Hot Dogs: Since everything is better when wrapped in bacon, these hot dogs are a total crowd-pleaser. Just add some melty cheddar and jalapeños, and you’ve got a guaranteed winner. (via Port and Fin)
9. Thai-Inspired Hot Dogs: These delectable dogs are loaded with crisp veggies, chopped peanuts, and cilantro, and are then finished off with a generous drizzle of Thai peanut sauce. (via What Do You Crave?)
11. Hawaiian Hot Dog With Special Sweet-Spicy Yogurt Sauce: Put a mouthwatering Hawaiian spin on your franks by piling them with chunks of pineapple, mango, avocado, and a sweet yet spicy yogurt sauce. (via Easy Cooking With Molly)
13. Hong Kong Phooey Hot Dog: This hot dog is deep-fried in a tempura batter and served with a smear of peanut butter, hot chili sauce, bean sprouts, and a crispy egg net that will woo just about anyone. (via Simone’s Kitchen)
For more ways to amp up your nosh, follow us on Pinterest.