While actually, really shrinking your pores is a myth (sorry!), you’re not destined to live with them just as they are. We uncovered a bunch of new beauty products (think cleansers, primers, and moisturizers) that give you a gorge complexion with minimized pores pronto. Read on, and try one or all.
1. Biore Back Off Big Pores Charcoal Pore Minimizer ($9): Charcoal is the go-to ingredient to shrink down pores because it binds with dirt and oil (think like a magnet) to clear them out. This gentle exfoliating wash goes deep down to keep pores clean and leaves skin tighter.
2. Caolion Pore Tightening Cooling Pack ($20): If you’re seeing pores peeking out from under your foundation, try a reducing mask before you apply your base. This one has menthol and Alaskan glacier water that hydrate skin and tighten pores.
3. Missha Super Aqua Pore-Kling Moisturizer ($14): If your skin tends to be on the oilier side, try a mineral-based light lotion like this one. Extracts of apple, mint, and lime tighten pores, while calcium-enriched water adds just the right of moisture so skin looks fresh and smooth.
4. Skin Laundry Extra Deep Gel Face Wash ($20): A good wash a day keeps pore-clogging oil away. This gel cleanser has salicylic acid to gently exfoliate dead skin cells and minimize blackheads.
5. Bobbi Brown Remedies Skin Clarifier Pore & Oil Control ($45): Daily use of this oil (boosted by manuka, rose hip, and sea buckthorn) makes pores appear itty bitty. After four weeks, sebum levels balance out, skin is clear, and pores are barely noticeable.
6. Boscia Charcoal Deep-Pore Exfoliating Peel Gel ($34): Both volcanic sand and active charcoal extract dirt and impurities from your complexion. Pores are minimized, thanks to the artichoke leaf extracts which tighten and strengthen skin.
7. Milani Prime Light Face Primer ($10): A primer is a must to create a smooth canvas to work on, because nothing ruins a good strobing job like a smattering of holey-looking pores. This one temporarily airbrushes and blurs them, so your skin looks smooth, glowy, and gorge — perf for shining the spotlight on your features.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.