9 Fitness Essentials for Post-Workout Bliss
There’s nothing better than starting — or finishing — your day with a workout that tones your whole body to get your blood pumping and your energy jumping. But once the workout ends and the exercise high starts to nosedive, something has to step in. So whether you’ve just crushed your spin class or nailed another long run on your way to becoming a running pro, these nine workout essentials will calm you down, caffeine you up and have you ready to tackle tomorrow’s workout in no time.
1. Pearl Bath Bombs Oatmeal and Honey Ring Bath Bomb ($15): What better way to relax after a hard workout than with a long, hot bubble bath? Take your recovery time up a notch with this all-natural, soothing bath bomb that’s perfect for hydrating dry skin.
2. Trigger Point Performance The Grid Foam Roller ($40): Calling all runners and CrossFit babes: Grab yourself one of these and start massaging your sore muscles ASAP. Three zones provide different massage intensities, making sure you hit Every. Single. Spot.
3. Nuun Energy ($7): We know that exercise can boost your mood and give you energy that can last through the day, but sometime a really solid workout can leave you feeling more tired than when you walked into the gym. Insert Nuun Energy. Plant-based caffeine + clean ingredients = just the post-workout boost you’re looking for.
4. Headline Shirts Whiskey + Yoga T-Shirt ($28): After a hard sweat session, strip down from your athletic wear and slip into something cozy, like this super comfy tee that highlights two of our most favorite things.
5. Yogi Muscle Recovery Green Tea ($5): Save your cash for your next SoulCycle class, and brew a cup of this soothing green tea at home to help aid your recovery. Organic green tea combines with organic turmeric, devil’s claw root and yucca root — herbs known to support recovery post-workout – for one incredibly delicious cool down.
6. Harbormill Dandelion Yoga Mat ($15): This durable, premium yoga mat takes post-workout stretching to a new level of comfort. Plus, the elastic strap allows you to throw it over your shoulder and bring it with you anywhere.
7. Jumping Jack Jack Mom Life Sweatshirt ($34): Life doesn’t stop after your workout. But if life saw those deadlifts you crushed, it might change its mind, amirite? This super cute pullover sweatshirt is perfect to throw on and take care of those post-workout errands.
8. RXBAR ($26, box of 12): These super yummy, all-natural bars are the perfect protein-packed snack. Throw one in your bag, keep a few in your car and make sure your office desk is stocked up with any one of the eight flavors.
9. Bando After This We’re Getting Pizza Water Bottle ($20): Let this water bottle pull double duty. Fill it with water to keep you hydrated while you crush it at the gym AND afterwards, when you crush it in the kitchen.