10 Perfectly Preppy Looks for Spring
Trends come and go, but preppy fashion is here to stay. If the word preppy evokes images of popped collars on polo shirts and boat shoes, don’t worry. Preppy style has come a long way! Today’s popular preppy styling combines classic wardrobe staples with a trendy edge. Think bright colors, bold accessories and a highly coveted handbags. We’ve highlighted 10 preppy wardrobe must-haves as worn by stylish bloggers to get the look and inspire your next outfit or shopping trip.
1. Striped Tees: Blogging style maven, Blair Eadie, shows us how to perfectly pair stripes + florals in this style (just add in monogram necklace and sweet tea) for a Pin-worthy look. (via Atlantic Pacific)
2. Layered Shirts: Add a pop of color by layering a pastel-colored collared shirt underneath a blouse. We adore this colorful tweed and mint look paired with a bubblegum pink purse! (via Kendi Everyday)
3. Colorful Sundresses: Preppy fashion blogger Sarah Vickers and friends showcase colorful and printed frocks perfect for vacation. Make sure you pack a floppy straw hat for the ultimate preppy-in-paradise ensemble. (via Classy Girls Wear Pearls)
6. Jack Roger Sandals: Jackie O. popularized the Jack Rogers “Navajo” sandal while she was a jet-setting first lady, and the shoes have remained a summer wardrobe staple for the preppy crowd ever since. (via Wishing on Winnapaug)
7. Chambray Shirt: A button-down chambray shirt goes with everything — like a pair of trusty jeans! We love it paired with crisp white denim and layered underneath a colorful sweater. (via Song of Style)
8. Ankle Length Denim: Every prepster’s closet needs a pair of ankle-length denim. Cuff them to show off colorful flats. We love denim styled with a classic polka dot button down. (via Dean Street Society)
9. Classic Button Down: The classic button down gets an upgrade in this outfit from fashion blogger Julia Hengel. A trendy pair of wide-legged white pants gives this outfit an effortlessly chic look. (via Gal Meets Glam)
We want to know, which preppy piece do you want to add to your wardrobe? Let us know below.