12 Products to Pamper Yourself With When You’re Sick
We all know that cold and flu season is the worst. When your sniffles turn into full-blown muscle aches, headaches, coughing, sneezing, and everything else, it’s time to slow down and practice some self-care. But just because you’re sick doesn’t mean you have to suffer. Instead, use your next sick day to really pamper yourself with stuff that makes you feel warm, cozy, and even a little bit better. This is how you *really* stop the cold and flu season from getting you down.
1. VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier ($53): Don’t let your nose dry out from constant tissue use. In between your sneezes, breathe in a comforting mist from this humidifier. You can even add some essential oils to the water for a real spa-like experience.
2. Attmu Classic Rubber Transparent Hot Water Bottle ($12): Body aches are NBD if you have a soothing hot water bottle. Opt for this classic style that will feel so good when you’ve got the chills.
3. Aromatic Salt Premium Ceramic Neti Pot ($15): Some people swear by Neti pots as an alternative to nose sprays to cleanse their sinuses and stay breathe easy. Just note all the directions, since these little pots need to be used with distilled water only.
4. ESARORA Ice Roller ($12): Headaches, inflammation, and other pains don’t stand a chance against this cold roller. Pop it in the freezer and take it out whenever you need some relief.
5. Therapedic Weighted Eye Mask ($15): Getting enough rest is essential to getting over a virus. Not only does this sleep mask block out irritating light, but it’s also weighted to help relieve sinus pressure behind the eyes and reduce pain from headaches.
6. Fuzzy Babba Women’s Fluffy Knit Striped Slipper Socks ($14): Remember to keep those toes warm! Just slip on these cozy socks, snuggle up in your bed or on your couch, and flip on the Netflix to feel cozy and comfy while you heal.
7. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo ($42): A nice hot shower can do wonders when you have a cold. Bring this exfoliating and scalp-soothing shampoo with you and give your hair and scalp a treat while you steam.
8. Caudalie Beauty Elixir ($18): Sometimes your skin can feel like the Sahara even if you have a thousand humidifiers going in your room. While you’re lounging in bed with your chicken soup, spritz a little of this spray to keep your skin feeling refreshed.
9. Patchology Restoring Night CloudMasque Sleeping Mask ($40): One of the best parts about sick days is getting to sleep as much as you like. Keep your skin nourished while you snooze away the germs.
10. Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream ($65): Even if you feel sick, you don’t have to resign yourself to looking sick. These hydrating water creams are wonderful for brightening your skin so you ready to face the day — even if the day is spent being a couch potato.
11. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask ($15): One unfortunate side effect of clogged sinuses? Dry lips. Luckily, this luscious mask will keep your kisser hydrated, plump, and free of cracks and chapping.
12. L’Occitane Relaxing & Foaming Lavender Bubble Bath ($39): Hey, it’s your sick day. You’ve earned a nice, relaxing soak in the tub. While you let your sickness and aches melt away in the hot water, use this lavender bubble bath to soothe your mind as well.
Do you have any recommendations for pampering products? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.