Jumpstart Pumpkin Spice Season With These Cozy Breakfast Ideas
We’re just going to go ahead and drop the f-bomb. That’s right, FALL is nearly here. Thank goodness, because we can’t wait one more minute to get our hands on all things pumpkin. Since it’s probably not practical to have PSLs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, we’ve found some recipes that will still fulfill all of our cozy pumpkin needs from home. If you need us, we’ll be in the kitchen kicking off our mornings with one of these fall breakfast ideas.
1. Easy Twisted Pumpkin Spice Danish: If we told you it would only take you 10 minutes to prep these beauties, would you believe us? Frozen puff pastry is the secret to getting these danishes into the oven and onto the table in a snap. (via Half Baked Harvest)
3. Brown Butter Pumpkin Rolls With a Vanilla Bean Crème Fraîche Glaze: We’ve died and gone to cinnamon roll heaven. These are fluffy, sweet, sticky, and the crème fraîche frosting gives them just the right lift. You’ll need to plan ahead for this one, but we promise it’s well worth the wait. (via Hummingbird High)
5. Pumpkin Old-Fashioned Doughnuts With Glaze: Your morning coffee will never look better than with one of these doughnuts. Sour cream adds some tenderness to the dough, and they get fried up, just like the real deal. (via Little Spice Jar)
8. Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal: Crunchy, spicy, and sweet, this loaded oatmeal takes the same amount of time to make as your standard variety. Store extra pumpkin in an airtight container in the fridge and you can make this all week long. (via Damn Delicious)
9. Pumpkin Waffles: For the virtuous pumpkin lover, these waffles are gluten-free and only sweetened with maple syrup. If you have leftovers, try freezing them and popping them in the toaster on weekday mornings. (via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen)
10. Maple Pumpkin Scones With Maple Glaze: This epic fall combo of maple and pumpkin is tugging on our heartstrings. These are delicious for breakfast, but would also be a welcome afternoon treat. (via Well Plated)
11. Healthy Pumpkin Bread: Everyone needs a good pumpkin bread in their recipe stash, and we love how many ways you can personalize this one. There are plenty of options to swap out milks, oils, flours, and mix-ins. (via Cookie + Kate)
12. Pumpkin French Toast With Whipped Pumpkin Butter: We’re all about this French toast, but it’s the decadent upgrade on butter that’s got our attention. Add it to your Thanksgiving dinner Pinterest board. (via Life Made Simple)
Still looking for ideas to crush those pumpkin cravings? Follow us on Pinterest!