North West and Kim K might have some competition for the most stylish kid + mom on the block now that Rachel Bilson has shown us her matching Star Wars kicks with daughter Briar Rose. The image is a wink of sorts to Briar’s dad, Hayden Christensen, who played Anakin Skywalker (AKA Darth Vader) in Star Wars.
Who says you can’t have fun dressing your kids like you and vice versa? We found eight adorable mommy-and-me looks that are far from the Laura Ashley 80’s outfits of your past.
1. TOMS: The adult version ($59) and kiddo version ($36) are adorable without looking too matchy-matchy. Founder Blake Mycoskie and wife Heather just had their first baby, and we’re sure they had him in mind when designing companion shoes.
2. Roberta Roller Rabbit: A popular print house among the preppy set, Roberta Roller Rabbit’s signature block prints are a summer staple. Purchase a caftan in Elsa print for adult ($85) and kid ($50) and rock them at the beach together.
3. Rachel Riley: For the more traditional mom and mini-me, this is a brand adored by the Duchess of Cambridge. These frocks are especially summer appropriate with this adorable anchor print for mom ($259) and daughter ($109). We hope to see little Princess Charlotte in this British designer’s threads soon!
4. Milly for Kohl’s: This popular collection is available at Kohl’s, and it includes matching signature floral prints for both you ($68) and your favorite gal ($48). We’re sure Michelle Smith, the designer behind Milly, rocks this with her daughter Sophia.
5. Splendid: Splendid is one of our favorite basic brands that does swim for adults and kids too. This mosaic print one-piece will look great on you ($108) and your little one ($64), whether you’re poolside or hanging in the sand.
6. Fjallraven: Okay, so these bags can technically be used by both adults and kids, but we love the mini size for your mini me ($75) and the adult-size knapsack ($120). They’re durable enough for everything you need to stow away.
Boden: The British retailer is known for both its traditional matching outfits and its complementary outfits. We’re loving the skirt and dress combo; the stripes just scream summer. You ($78) and your daughter 8. ($58) can cartwheel, run and dance in these easy-to-wear shapes.
Have we changed your mind about matching outfits? Tell us in the comments!
(Featured image via @rachelbilson + Steven Vlasic/Getty)