On Tuesday Rihanna, Paul McCartney and Kanye came together to debut the video for their new song “FourFiveSeconds.” Aside from the catchy guitar riff, perfectly harmonized chorus and that epic eye roll, we were instantly hooked on the massive amount of denim all three musicians were rocking. Really, there was so much denim.
While we might not have Rihanna’s vocals, Kanye’s swag or Paul McCartney’s guitar skills, we can still channel the musicians’ industrial, ’90s-inspired style. So go ahead and give yourself a glossy eye and pop on one of these denim pieces that’ll make you feel like a rock star even if those musical skills won’t make it out of the shower.
1. MOTO Selvedge Denim Dungarees ($125): Comfy, trendy and super versatile, overalls are back and here to stay.
2. Wish Jacket ($140): Get the best of both worlds with this piece that looks like a motorcycle jacket but has all the ease of classic denim. We’re guessing you’re going to have to really work to get yourself not to wear this guy every day.
3. Blue Everyday Utility Jumpsuit ($69): For those days that don’t require a jacket but are still a little breezy, rock this utilitarian jumpsuit either with a pair of Converse or chunky platforms.
4. Denim Pencil Midi Skirt ($30): The denim skirt is back, people. Make over your school day go-to garment with a tucked-in sweater and a modern pair of clogs.
5. Denim Jumper Skirt ($60): For colder days, rock this jumper with a sweater and when the temperature finally decides to heat up, pair it with a t-shirt or maybe just a lacey bralette when those summer festivals roll around.
6. James Dean Jacket ($168): Give your classic denim jacket a make-under in the best way possible. Instantly channel an epic rock n’ roll vibe every time you slip on this piece.
7. Mid Blue Wash Jean ($72): For a classic, everyday jean with a little bit of edge, try this pair of boyfriend jeans that can easily be dressed up or down.
8. Demi Demi Set ($54): Now for a duo set that Rihanna would totally rock. Wear the sometimes-tricky acid wash denim in a flirty crop top and pencil skirt set.
9. Dazed Frayed Shirt ($52): Easy and perfectly roughed-up, this piece is just begging to be worn all weekend. While this model is totally rocking it as dress, it does fall on the shorter side. If that has you feeling a little self-conscious, simply pop on some leggings or skinny black jeans.
10. Oversized Denim Jacket ($104): To both stay warm and replicate Rihanna’s oversized jacket she sported in her video, pop on this fully lined jacket complete with a fleece collar.
11. Duo Harem Pants ($42): Who says sweatpants and jeans have to be two different categories? Defy the laws of fashion and combine the two in this pair of harem pants. We think a crop top is a must with these trendy bottoms.
12. Colorblock Shift Dress ($48): Can’t decide between a light and dark wash? Well, it looks like you don’t have to.
13. Black Skinnies ($66): Throw these pants on with that motorcycle denim jacket and a slouchy white tee and you’ll be radiating cool like nobody’s business.
14. Denim Pullover ($23): Tired of the oh-so-popular denim button-down? Give the classic top an update by wearing it in the style of a sweatshirt instead.
15. Vero Moda Sleeveless Shirt ($27): If an acid wash separate set is a little too much for you, try this sleeveless top that still packs a punch but isn’t quite as loud.
Were you loving Rihanna’s look in her newest video? Tell us how you’re channelling her style in the comments below.
(feature image via Roc Nation Records)