You only turn 30 once, so you best use the occasion to host a super unique and super you party. To ring in the new year, we recommend slipping into some old-school skates and hittin’ up the rink for a #throwback bash! You can literally roll into your next decade decked out in rainbow everything and rockin’ to old-school jams. But first you’ll need a few things to ensure that the retro hang feels totes authentic. The 18 picks below will guarantee a seriously groovy time.
1. Women’s Chicago Deluxe Leather Rink Skates ($68): First thing’s first, you’ll need some slick skates. This pearly white pair is vintage perfection and will go flawlessly with any ensemble you choose to wear. Check out our Sequin Rollerskate DIY to make these fit for a birthday queen.
2. ASOS Roller Skate Shorts ($19): Speaking of outfits, the aptly named *hot pants* are pretty much begging to be worn at your birthday bash.
3. Wildflower + Co. Roller Skate Enamel Pin ($10): An adorable roller skate pin brings a whole new meaning to the phrase, “Pin it!” BTW, we’re predicting that everyone will want to do just that.
4. Roller Skate Rollo Party Favors: What’s a themed party without punny favors to match? These skater-approved, sweet, and chewy DIYs will end your party in hip style.
5. Francesca’s Sofie 3D Floral Mini Backpack ($54): For a subtle retro flair, opt for a 3D texture, like the flower-power details here. It’s also a mini bag, making it the perf companion for doing laps around the rink. Happy birthday to you!
6. Summer Lovin’ Giant Travel Mug ($10): Whether you load up this giant travel mug with a large-batch cocktail or plain ol’ water, there’s no denying one thing: It’s going to look cute AF while you sip.
7. High Heels Suicide Don’t Give a Patched Denim Jacket in Snake ($200): Tell the world how you really feel about turning 30 with an on-trend denim jacket covered in sassy patchwork.
8. Skinnydip Quartz Headphones ($60): Get pumped and ready to roll by streaming stellar tunes through these swanky, crystal-embellished wonders. Turn. It. Up.
9. Forever 21 Rainbow Stripe Crew Socks ($3): To score the look of an authentic roller skating lady, you’ve gotta have those rainbow stripes, girl.
10. Kissy Face Sunnies ($20): Greet all your party guests with a big smooch — from your sunnies. The pink-tinted lenses on these babies are totes light enough to wear for your whole shindig, and then every day that follows.
11. Sunnylife Retro Sounds Hot Coral ($28): Blast your fave oldies station from an equally old-school radio. The Sunnylife gem above has AM/FM access, a built-in amp, and can connect to your phone, making it handy enough to tote on a neighborhood skate sesh.
12. Missguided Pink Rebel Faux Fur iPhone 7 Case ($15): For a truly rebellious 30th, accessorize your iPhone with a little millennial pink faux fur. No one will doubt that you’re going to do your 30s your own way.
13. Spiritual Gangster Retro Rainbow Tank ($42): Tie your entire outfit together with a colorful-yet-casual top like the rainbow-licious one above. It’ll keep you cool in more ways than one.
14. Topshop Mini Velvet Scrunchie ($6): Chances are, it’s going to get h-o-t as you skate the day away. Come prepared with on-theme scrunchies to pull back your locks and keep the fun times comin’.
15. BaubleBar Piñata Tassel Earrings ($36): These colorful, beaded tassel earrings are totally retro and endlessly fun, making them *THE* pair for your big day.
16. Baked Roller Skate Cookies ($34): Instead of a traditional cake, dish out a portable, on-theme treat so guests can keep skating while snacking.
17. Now That’s What I Call ‘70s ($19): Keep the grooviness flowing with classic tunes.
18. Society6 Roller Skating Rink Long Exposure ($13): If you don’t have an actual rink for the day, set your indoor scene with a big, buzzing snapshot from one IRL.
Want even more party #inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.