Love Me ‘Do: 15 Hopelessly Romantic Hairdos for Valentine’s Day
It’s a cruel fact that Valentine’s Day—the holiday that calls most for bouncy, beachy, wind-blown locks—takes place in the dead of winter when the seashore is snowy and the beanies that so heroically warm our domes simultaneously crush our follicles flat. Thankfully when the beach doesn’t have your back, there are tons of ways to tousle and tease your hair into wavy perfection. We’re grabbing lots of inspo from the bridal department here, but don’t think that means these styles are way complicated. These 15 hopelessly romantic hairstyles are flirty and largely fuss free!
1. Messy Chignon: There might not be a more romantic hairdo than the chignon, and this messy-pretty version is the epitome of elegant. Day old hair works best with this ‘do, so plan to wash your hair the day before the big date. (via Bridal Musings)
2. Romantic Side Braid: By now we’re all familiar with the fabulousness of the fishtail, but let’s not forget how stunning a French braid-style ‘do can look. This loose side braid is a perfect reminder. (via Once Wed)
4. Lace Ponytail: Okay, this might be the most romantic hairdo of them all: a loosely tied, lace embellished ponytail. We love the way the lacy trim wraps around like a headband, making the look as seamless as it is pretty. (via Bridal Musings)
5. Loose Waterfall Braid: Curl your hair like you just don’t care to set the bouncy base for this dreamy waterfall braid. It frames the face and neckline so gently, making it a perfect ‘do to rock with drop earrings or a statement necklace. (via Wedding Chicks)
13. Messy Rope Braids: With soft tousled locks and a duo of thin rope braids, this ‘do looks downright angelic. Wear your hair down for a more bohemian vibe, or pull it back for something a bit more formal. (via …love Maegan)
15. Romantic Topsy Turvy Ponytail: Your simple topsy turvy pony gets a romantic makeover with a beautiful flower clip. Try adding the real deal day of with a clipping from your V-day bouquet! (via Caught on a Whim)
Are you getting decked out from head to toe for Valentine’s Day? What beauty DIYs are you Pinning as inspiration? Tell us in the comments below.