Love Me ‘Do: 15 Hopelessly Romantic Hairdos for Valentine’s Day
It’s a cruel fact that Valentine’s Day—the holiday that calls most for bouncy, beachy, wind-blown locks—takes place in the dead of winter when the seashore is snowy and the beanies that so heroically warm our domes simultaneously crush our follicles flat. Thankfully when the beach doesn’t have your back, there are tons of ways to tousle and tease your hair into wavy perfection. We’re grabbing lots of inspo from the bridal department here, but don’t think that means these styles are way complicated. These 15 hopelessly romantic hairstyles are flirty and largely fuss free!
1. Messy Chignon: There might not be a more romantic hairdo than the chignon, and this messy-pretty version is the epitome of elegant. Day old hair works best with this ‘do, so plan to wash your hair the day before the big date. (via Bridal Musings)
2. Romantic Side Braid: By now we’re all familiar with the fabulousness of the fishtail, but let’s not forget how stunning a French braid-style ‘do can look. This loose side braid is a perfect reminder. (via Once Wed)
4. Lace Ponytail: Okay, this might be the most romantic hairdo of them all: a loosely tied, lace embellished ponytail. We love the way the lacy trim wraps around like a headband, making the look as seamless as it is pretty. (via Bridal Musings)
5. Loose Waterfall Braid: Curl your hair like you just don’t care to set the bouncy base for this dreamy waterfall braid. It frames the face and neckline so gently, making it a perfect ‘do to rock with drop earrings or a statement necklace. (via Wedding Chicks)
13. Messy Rope Braids: With soft tousled locks and a duo of thin rope braids, this ‘do looks downright angelic. Wear your hair down for a more bohemian vibe, or pull it back for something a bit more formal. (via …love Maegan)
15. Romantic Topsy Turvy Ponytail: Your simple topsy turvy pony gets a romantic makeover with a beautiful flower clip. Try adding the real deal day of with a clipping from your V-day bouquet! (via Caught on a Whim)
Are you getting decked out from head to toe for Valentine’s Day? What beauty DIYs are you Pinning as inspiration? Tell us in the comments below.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.