3 Second-Hand Luxury Sites You Should Be Shopping RN
We all wish we could be Marc Jacobs and Stella McCartney girls, but we’re living on a Forever 21 budget. Thanks to the Internet, though, shopping for designer gear at more affordable prices (read: half the retail price) has never been so easy. We scoped a few designer resale sites every price-conscious fashion maven needs to know about — and don’t worry, there’s no Lily Pulitzer-level 90,000-person waitlist to access these sales. Scroll on for your new favorite budget fashion finds!
Founded in 2011, The Real Real is one of the top online consignment stores for fashion gurus who can’t resist a good sale. They specialize in pre-owned luxury goods for both men and women. These are the items that’ll complete your fall capsule:
1. Marni Crystal Collar Necklace ($195): We’re big fans of Marni, especially after the H&M collab they did back in 2012. This necklace is the perfect thing to spice up a little black dress or to wear with a power pantsuit. We bet Hillary would pair it with one of hers.
2. Stella McCartney Suede Platform Wedge Booties ($225): Everyone needs a few investment pieces from Stella M. These platform wedge booties add an element of surprise to the fall boot lineup. In a sea of black Chelseas, you’re sure to stand out.
3. Proenza Schouler Leather Paneled Jersey Sweatshirt ($535): Lazy girls, rejoice — now you can wear a sweatshirt and still look fancy AF. Next time someone gives you crap for your laid-back steez, let them know you’re wearing Proenza and they should back off.
4. Stella McCartney Marine Houndstooth Dress ($525): Stella M. comes in clutch again with this fashion-forward frock. We love the draping on this piece and the play on the men’s dress shirt. It’s a refreshing new take on office wear.
Founded in 2012, Tradesy sells both designer and non-designer wear. Their tagline is “sell anything from Zara to Chanel.” One benefit of selling on Tradesy is that they take care of the cost of shipping and returns. These are the hot items you should have your eye on:
5. Vince Leather Joggers Relaxed Pants ($198): A quality pair of leather pants can be hard to find. Joggers were all the rage last summer, but you have our stamp of approval to keep on wearing them — especially these Vince leather beauties.
6. Burberry Bordeaux Boots ($690): The riding boot can add that much-needed bit of warmth we crave in fall. This extra-long Burberry pair brings something new to the boot game, coming in a gorgeous bordeaux color.
7. Proenza Schouler Suede Cross Body Bag ($799): We love to play with color, especially when it comes to our wardrobes. Wear this Proenza cross-body to add a pop of aquamarine to your fall style.
8. Isabel Marant Double Faced Knit Pea Coat ($600): We have a longtime love (or what others would call obsession) with jackets. Girls who favor fall can relate. This timeless Isabel Marant number will make the perfect fall coat with its nubby fabric and neutral tone.
Resee.com presents itself in pure editorial fashion, as it was founded by two fashion magazine veterans. This makes the shopping experience exceptionally fun — like hanging with your girlfriends flipping through Vogue. All prices on Resee are listed in euros. Scroll down for the pieces you’ll want to shop ASAP:
9. Burberry Metallic Organza Dress ($673): Splurge a little for your next big event, or use this as a cheaper alternative to a wedding gown. This Burberry Metallic Organza dress is equal parts feminine and rocker chick.
10. Balenciaga Printed Silk Top ($258): Every closet needs a bandana print top — that’s what we always say. This Balenciaga option provides an interesting switch-up from the usual jeans-and-tank combo.
11. Prada Woven Platform ($224): Summer may be almost over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t invest in a quality pair of sandals for next year. These Prada wedges will be a great match for your sundress collection.
12. Miu Miu Oversized Sequin Clutch ($527): A good party clutch is hard to find. This Miu Miu model makes us feel like we’re living in the prime of glam rock. Use it to dress up a more minimal or classic outfit.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!