15 Must-Have Bronzers + Tanners That Will Boost Your Beauty Routine
Summer is approaching quickly and if you’re not one of the naturally blessed bronzed-skin beauties, here is the ultimate guide to some of the best self tanners and bronzers in all mediums. From towelettes to lotions to sprays, you are guaranteed to find your best faux tan here!
1. Mac Skinsheen Leg Spray ($43): Even though this is called a “leg spray” you can use it on your entire body. Technically a spray, this gel-based bronzer has a mousse-like texture (What?!? Whatever — it’s AMAZING). It is easy to match your skin tone to and, once it dries, this stuff will not smudge onto anything.
2. Tarte Rainforest Glow ($39): Anything “waterproof” can tend to be a little intimidating because you wonder if it’s going to feel nice. Have no fear, this product is packed with maracuja oil, an ingredient that’s rich in essential fatty acids that help the body produce healthy skin cells and vitamin C. Bonus: It’s a natural brightener and ultra hydrating.
3. Glo Minerals ($34): This luxurious body bronzer is great for all skin types and creates an immediate, all-over tan with a subtle shimmer. It’s packed with an exclusive antioxidant blend of vitamins A, C, E and green tea extract.
4. Pink Ready to Party ($18): This subtly-scented bronzer is packed with aloe, antioxidants and vitamin E to help nourish your skin while leaving a luminous finish. Perk: It also comes in four other sweet-smelling scents: Sunkissed, Total Flirt, Fresh and Clean, Warm and Cozy.
5. Too Faced Royal Oil ($35): The name alone is enough to sell us on this product (Royal Coconut Oil Bronzer… ummm yes, yes and yes!). This bronzer claims to give a warm, sexy glow while hydrating dry skin with its combination of mangosteen fruit and coconut oil.
6. Shiseido Bronzer Gel ($30): This combination of an immediate bronzer and a self tanner gets darker over time, initially giving your skin a sheer bronze tint with a dewy finish and then gradually darkening to a rich hue that’s as long-lasting as a suntan.
8. Alpha Beta Glow Pad ($48): With a five-star rating across the board, these little tan-in-a-towel gems are a must try! Besides that, they also exfoliate AND firm your skin.
11. St. Tropez Tanning Mousse ($43): Because of its mousse-like texture, this self-tanning bronzer is lightweight and easy to apply. It dries in 60 seconds, is streak-free and does not have “that smell” (you know the one).
12. Kiehl’s Self-Tanning Formula ($23): This non-greasy tanning lotion does not have an immediate bronzing effect, however, it’s made with apricot kernel oil, cocoa seed butter and vitamin E to help nourish your skin while delivering a gradual tanning effect.
13. Sigma Body Brush ($45): Now, this is neither a bronzer nor a self tanner BUT this little tool is a must-have for bronzing allover! Keep this body brush in your purse and use it with any powder bronzer when you need a quick-fix color kick.
14. Baked Body Bronzer ($12): This is just what we’re talking about: This face and body bronzer is a great product to use with the Sigma Body Brush! It’s a highly-pigmented, luminous bronzer that goes on evenly and is long-lasting (for a powder).
15. A Tan For All Seasons ($36): What’s great about this self-tanner is that it will absolutely NOT transfer onto any of your clothing (it’s quick-drying). It’s formulated with an instant bronzer that helps you see where it’s being applied so you can get even-looking coverage much easier.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)